Job Vacancy For Legal Officer – Current Jobs in Ghana
Our Client is a leading Insurance Company in Ghana and seeks to engage a competent professional into the above-mentioned position.
The Legal Officer reports directly to the Head of Legal, and has the following as responsibilities:
• Provide legal representation in court and other quasi-judicial fora
• Examine legal data to determine advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits or legal rights and obligations
• Gather evidence to formulate defense or initiate legal actions
• Liaise with external solicitors of the Company, if any, in handling cases referred to them
• Negotiate settlement of cases, where possible
• Provide legal opinion or advice on matters referred from the various departments of the Company.
• Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure they are in compliance with statutory and legal requirements
• Identify any new developments or current requirements in law which necessitate the improvement in the Company’s operations and standard legal documentation.
• Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action are taken
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and such other reports as may be requested on activities of the Department
• Other duties that may be assigned by the Head, Legal from time to time.
Qualification Required & Experience
The position requires a Candidate with:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Law or its equivalent, who must be a Qualified Lawyer called to the Ghana Bar.
• Minimum of 3 years post call experience.
• Sound knowledge of the law, legal codes, court procedures and processes etc
• Must possess good legal research, advocacy, negotiation, drafting and report writing skills
• Must exhibit high level of confidentiality and accuracy
• Ability to negotiate settlement of civil disputes
• Team building and effective communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and human relations skills
• High sense of responsibility and ability to take initiatives
• Innovation- Introduction of new ideas, methods, creative skills and abilities that add value to tasks thus making them unique
• Ability to exhibit core values such as integrity, leadership, empathy, innovation and passion for excellence.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants must submit a one-page cover letter explaining their interest and suitability for the position with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae; Copies of Certificates; Names, Addresses and Contact details of three (3) Referees via email:
Closing Date: 21 September, 2020