Job Vacancy For Internal Auditor – Current Jobs in Ghana
The Institute of Accountancy Training (IAT), under the Ministry of Finance was established in 1970 to provide in-service training in Public Administration, Public Sector Accounting and Public Sector Financial Management for the Ministry’s as well as the civil and the public services’ staffs.
The Institute, currently undergoing restructuring needs to strengthen its administrative structure to help implement the reforms. Applications are therefore invited from qualified officers for the following vacancy:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
• The successful applicant will be responsible for supervising audit team to effectively undertake audit assignments to add value to the Institute.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receive audit working papers.
• Review draft internal audit report.
• Draft proposal for the update of procedures and guidelines for internal audit function in the Institute.
• Lead Audit team to undertake assurance engagements and investigation of records of the Institute.
• Make recommendations in the design and implementation of appropriate training programmes for staff in the Internal audit unit.
• Monitor the performance of subordinates and submit report.
• Coach, mentor and provide on-the-job training to subordinates.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent from a tertiary institution.
• A post-graduate qualification in auditing or accounting or related field of specialization and or
• A certified Internal Auditor or Accountant with the CIA/ICA/ACCA/CPA/CIMA membership.
• A minimum of 4 years post qualification relevant work experience in professional auditing and/or accounting in a reputable public or private sector organisation.
• Be computer literate.
• Must have completed statutory National Service
• Must pass a competitive selection interview
Required Skills and Competencies:
• A good knowledge of auditing techniques
• Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent report writing skills
• Emotional stability and ability to cope with pressure
• Good knowledge of public sector operations
How To Apply For The Job
Applications and CVs together with relevant supporting documents should be forwarded to:
Closing Date: 16 September, 2021
not later than two weeks after this publication stating the job title applying for in the subject area.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.