Job Vacancy For Information Technology (IT) Specialist / — Current Jobs in Ghana
Winrock International is a non-profit organization that works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
• POSITION TITLE: Information Technology (IT) Specialist
• STATUS: Full time
• REPORTS TO: Director of Operations and Monitoring & Evaluation Director
Winrock is currently recruiting for the position of full-time Management Information System (MIS) Specialist in its Tamale project office to support the five-year, USAID-funded Feed the Future Ghana Agriculture and Natural Resources Management Project (USAID AgNRM). The USAID AgNRM project seeks to provide scalable, integrated landscapes approach that will support sustainable economic development and rural livelihoods, increase nutrition and climate change adaptation, and strengthen Northern Ghana?s natural resources.
The IT Specialist is responsible for the installation, operation, and maintenance of software and hardware for personal computers, printers, PC peripheral, and troubleshooting of voice and video conferencing systems for all staff on the USAID AgNRM project. The IT Specialist will also provide technical expertise and oversight to support project MIS needs, including those related to program monitoring purposes, use of mobile technology for field data collection, and storing that data/information in an online data base; as well as effective use of MIS in project communications.
The IT Specialist works with Operations and M& E unit in ensuring all AgNRM IT needs are covered, including managing the project?s monitoring and evaluation (M&E) database and associated technology. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Determine field based computer resource requirements and install computer hardware and operating systems, productivity software and other related software as required.
• Diagnose and repair user issues related to personal computers, phones, video conferencing.
• Maintain PC security systems to ensure that access to Winrock data is restricted to authorized staff.
• Arrange for and ensure server backups are preformed and stored on a regular basis.
• Manage and coordinate all equipment repairs, warranty issues, purchasing specifications in accordance with Winrock IT standards.
• Utilize the ICT Helpdesk trouble ticket system for recording all service requests and resolutions. Maintain prompt and accurate records of end user support activities and status.
• Provide guidance to satellite offices concerning ICT needs / planning. This will involve traveling to project sites occasionally for hands on support.
Monitoring and Evaluation Database Management:
• Under the leadership of the M and E Director, the IT Specialist will assist the G&MIS Specialist to:
• Design / develop and manage the project?s data management system.
• Evaluate datasets for consistency, completeness and accuracy.
• Audit data on a regular basis and ensure data integrity.
• Train program staff, partners, and community representative to integrate use of mobile technology in program training and other activities, e.g., linking program participants to mobile money solutions, etc.
• Provide IT training to staff and partners, as required.
• Provide general online data base maintenance support and support to project offices and staff in Tamale and the field.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in information technology (IT) or related field (or equivalent with additional professional experience);
• Minimum five years of professional IT experience in local NGO, international NGO, or similar agency in Microsoft environment supporting development program and in addition to this desktops, laptops, network printers and servers;
• Demonstrated experience using IT /MIS, including mobile technology, for program monitoring and implementation, including data collection and management (USAID funded development program preferred);
• Analytical skills necessary to think logically, analyze and interpret problems and present results with clarity and precision in written and verbal format;
• Knowledge and experience using IT /MIS to communicate project outcomes and achievements;
• Ability to design web structures and web visual design per specifications and needs;
• Ability to model data using Microsoft Power BI;
• Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 2012 R2 Server, Android software development and management, Microsoft Access with SQL and visual basic, Active Directory, DNS, File and Print, Hyper-V. Android, iPad, iPhone, VoIP, VSAT, SharePoint knowledge a plus;
• Knowledge on smartcard and readers for program monitoring is an advantage;
• Experience working with international NGOs addressing food security, value chains, and/or natural resource management in Northern Ghana is a plus;
• Fluency in English is required.
How To Apply For The Job
All interested candidates shall submit their applications (maximum 5 pages including resume, two references and one-page cover letter) in English to:
[email protected], indicating AgNRM MIS Specialist in the subject line.
Closing Date: 08 January, 2018
Qualified applicants will be invited for an in-person interview. Winrock would like to graciously thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are short listed will be contacted. EEOE/AA.