Job Vacancy For Infection Prevention Nurse / Clinical Coordinator – Current Jobs in Ghana
Halcom Management Services are looking for dynamic, customer-focussed personnel for a new state of the art hospital facility in Accra, Ghana scheduled to open in the second quarter 2021.
Facilities and services provided include emergency unit, surgical, medical, paediatric and maternity wards, cath lab, urology, renal, ophthalmology, theatres, radiology, pathology, physiotherapy, pharmacy and diet therapy.
Job Title: Infection Prevention Nurse / Clinical Coordinator
• Skilled facilitator contributing to the provision of competent nursing staff, and promotion quality nursing care. Necessitates the development, implementation and maintenance of an effective training and development programme together with Nursing Management.
• Effective communication skills are essential for the successful implementation of these programmes.
• An effective administration system for the clinical specialist will enhance quality of care provided.
• Trained in hospital epidemiology principles and is responsible for the surveillance, analysis, and reporting of healthcare associated infections; educating employees about infection control; and the development of health system policies and procedures to insure rigorous infection control standards that meet Centre for Disease Control requirements.
• The position necessitates planning, developing, directing, implementing and evaluating infection prevention and control activities within a hospital or heath care centre. Supervises the infection control services for patients, visitors and staff.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree/Diploma in General Nursing
• Current Registration with Nursing and Midwifery Council of Ghana
• A certificate/Diploma or in Infection control would be an advantage.
• Experience in the clinical teaching environment
• Understanding of legislation and regulations relating to healthcare and the nursing profession
• At least 4 years of experience as a Registered Nurse.
• At least1 years’ experience in a private hospital setting
• Experience in Infection Control.
• Preferably at least one year of experience in clinical-co-ordination
• Ability to plan and obtain objectives to ensure the development of service.
• Knowledge of techniques for data collection.
• Knowledge of nursing practice and theory.
• Good analysis and statistical collation skills with attention to detail.
• Good written, interpersonal, time management and presentation skills.
• Clear and effective communication both verbally and in writing.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 11 January, 2021