Job Vacancy For Human Resource Specialist – Current Jobs in Ghana
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Title: Human Resource Specialist
Functional Area: Human Resources
Reports to: Country Human Resources Manager
Location: Country Office Annex Travel required 30%
Effective Date: 01-02-2020 Grade D1
• To provide Human Resources support to the Plan International Staff in achieving the organisation’s Strategy through excellent people management practices.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
• Area of Responsibility – MGCubed and Train For Tomorrow Projects and Plan International Country Office
• Member of Country Human Resources Team
HR Business Partnering
• Provide proactive generalist and technical human resources support to Staff on the MGCubed and T4T Projects in line with the HR policies and strategic priorities
• Act as a point of contact for related issues for the assigned Client groups and provide timely response to matters as arising. Serve as the HR point person for the two Projects.
• Conduct HR business monitoring meetings with clients on a monthly basis as needed
• In collaboration with HR CO team, ensure staff and organization’s wellbeing priorities for the client groups are met.
• Advise and counsels the team members and managers on these two Projects on people related issues.
• Provide interpretation & application of policies, procedures, terms and conditions of service, etc. to all client group employees as required.
• Participate in other stakeholder forums and discussion with regards to employee conditions of staff
• Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure best practices are captured and adopted to increase organizational well-being performance.
• Provides coaching and advice to Managers and Supervisors on the Projects on all HR issues, promoting fairness and transparency in the handling of people management practices, including whistleblowing, disciplinary, grievances to maintain consistency and fairness within the organization. All related policies shared and made available to all staff.
• Build awareness amongst staff and management on recruitment systems, salary and benefit systems and structures.
• Develop capacity of the team and line management and other stakeholders in the area of recruitment and selection and provide need-based solutions to their staffing need.
• Provide benefit orientation to all staff and ensure staff on the Projects have access to benefit information
• In consultation with the CO HRM conducts annual training needs analysis for all staff on the two projects, source for, plan and delivers trainings to address performance gaps. Evaluation of the effectiveness of training initiatives recorded and maintain training records for the all staff.
• Supports managers and staff in implementing the Plan International Employee Appraisal process. tracks progress, and maintains statistical data on results to support attainment of organizational objectives and improve staff performance.
HR Documentation, Communication & Reporting
• Ensure efficient management of documentation relating to hiring and onboarding of staff
• Provide monthly updates to line management
• Ensure that staff changes/transitions are communicated in a timely manner
• Maintain employee files according to Plan International standards
• Conduct regular assessment of personnel files according to regulation and policies.
• Create a system to archive old files and arrange storage of master files.
• Support the HR Coordinator in synchronizing employee file information with information in HRIS.
Recruitment and Selection
• Conducts recruitment and selection activities that meet Plan International policy and meets good practice/standard to attract and retain the best.
• Coordinates activities in recruitment, selection, rewards and learning and development for country office and program unit staff which supports achievement of the CSP. Staff recruited meet requirements and are able to deliver their job roles well.
• Ensures gender mainstreaming and maintains gender sensitivity towards staff and associates to avoid discriminations whiles championing Plan International as an equal opportunities’ employer. Gender sensitivity evident in HR policies and delivery of roles.
• Support in the interpretation and monitoring of Safeguarding policy among staff to ensure the fulfilment of Plan International’s Safeguarding Policy at all times. Staff recruited do not have record of child abuse and regular staff also do not engage in child abuse.
• Plans and delivers induction for new staff to enable them settle faster and easily. Staff given adequate orientation and evidence in staff files.
• Monitors and influences organizational climate and workplace morale through Employee survey actions.
• Facilitates activities that would motivate and support the retention of staff to retain the best staff.
• Upholds harmony/teamwork among staff to create good and healthy working environment that improves performance.
• Puts in place measures that create a Health and safety environment for staff and monitor their implementation. Health and Safety guidelines exist and are followed.
• Fulfils Plan International’s child protection policy to ensure children are protected from all forms of abuse. Good knowledge of Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy requirements and offers sound support to staff in this area;
Dealing with Problems:
• Complexity of problems handled & the degree of investigation, analysis, & creative thinking required to solve them.
• Support in the development of policies and procedures to ensure smooth implementation of the country’s human resource functions as per requirements of the HR Strategy.
• Offers support through coaching and training of supervisors and staff to ensure improvement in performance.
• Support in the evaluates and investigates to have information on staff issues and initiate creative activities to address them to promote staff retention and performance improvement.
• Champion consistent, equitable and professional HR practices across office teams.
• Be creative in building and working effectively within a diverse working environment.
• Makes analysis from HR information and present them in a usable way for management decision-making e.g. appraisal statistics etc.
• Reviews, approves and undertakes activities within the HR department and only refers to a higher manager where required by the organisation’s policies and procedures.
• Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility.
• This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
• Has high contact with all managers on the Projects and at Plan International Ghana to offer support in the smooth implementation and managing of staff.
• Maintains low contact with other staff from the program unit and country offices to offer support for understanding and implementation of HR related activities.
• Low contact with Plan International partner organizations to offer support for human resource activities.
Qualification Required & Experience
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• A Master’s degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent experience
• At least 5-7 years of experience working in an HR generalist role. NGO experience is a plus.
• Experience in an HR specialist functions: organisational design, recruitment and selection, training and development, performance management and rewards management.
• Excellent writing and speaking in English language, communicates in a style that inspires confidence and professionalism and builds credibility with line management, current and prospective employees.
• Maintains transparency, objectivity and free of bias in the discharge of HR duties
• Must be a member of a Professional Body (e.g. IHRMP, SHRM)
• Seen as a source of HR expertise, and proactive in sharing knowledge and advice
• Influencing skills
• Promotes high performance
• Open to feedback and willing to try new approaches and processes
• Leads by example – coaches and actively develops others
• Understands Development work and implements people processes and practices that support achievement of organizational objectives
• Flexible and committed to customer service.
• Ability to listen to and involve others to ensure good understanding and implementation of human resources activities
• Strong team working skills
• Coaching and mentoring skills
• Cultural sensitivity
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 30 December, 2019