Job Vacancy For HIV Testing Services (HTS) Technical Advisor – Current Jobs in Ghana
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a leader in global health, is a non-profit public health management consulting and research organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world.
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a leader in global health, is a non-profit public health management consulting and research organization dedicated timproving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world.
JSI has submitted an application tUSAID timplement an HIV and AIDS project in the Western Region of Ghana. If awarded, the goal of this project will be tprovide support tthe Government of Ghana (GOG) and taccelerate Ghana’s progress in attaining the 90-90-90 UNAIDS targets by achieving epidemic control in one high HIV burdened region by scaling up evidence based interventions. Activities will include active case finding of persons living with HIV (PLHIV) in Western Region (WR), putting and retaining them on treatment, and ensuring they are virally suppressed. The potential project, if awarded, is expected tbe funded by the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through USAID beginning in October 2019.
JSI seeks trecruit the following position: HIV Testing Services (HTS) Technical Advisor
• Reports to: Clinical Director
• Location: Takoradi
• The HIV Testing Services (HTS) Technical Advisor will be responsible for developing innovative strategies and monitor the implementation of HIV Testing Services at all community sites and project supported health facilities, in line with National guidelines and organizational strategic objectives.
• Provide technical assistance, oversight and support of HTS being provided by Civil Society organizations and other partners.
• S/he will ensure collaboration with the Ghana Health Services/National AIDS Control Program and partners and the use of national and internationally-recognized HTS best practices to establish tight linkages between HIV Testing and Counseling and other areas of HIV clinical cascade.
• S/he will identify training needs and lead to coordinate HTS training including Index Testing and Partner Notification Services activities for staff and partner organizations including ensuring that HTS commodity supply needs of counselors/sites are being met by the project.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Required to work collaboratively with the Senior Program Specialist and other Advisors in providing the training and HTS supervisory and oversight needs of Nurse Assistants co-located and working in community and supported health facility sites of the project.
• Provide technical support and ensure provision of quality HIV Testing Services (HTS) in supported facilities.
• Strengthen index client testing within supported facilities through know your family/partner status and other initiatives
• Coordinate with Gender & Equity Advisor in the referral of survivors of Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) identified during HTS to receive care
• Lead to conduct ongoing training needs assessment and facilitation of HTS trainings activities.
• Conduct supportive supervision & mentorship visits to all supported sites implementing HTS including HIV-Self Testing
• Work jointly with HTS supervisors and counselors in supported facilities to ensure provision of quality HIV testing services to referred clients.
• Support facilities in monitoring and tracking (on a monthly basis) of Rapid Test Kits (RTKs), and other supplies necessary for HTS delivery to ensure stock-outs are avoided.
• Work closely with Strategic Information team to conduct monthly HTS data analysis and compile timely reports to ensure real time data use for decision making at site level to monitor progress towards project targets.
• Lead development of annual, quarterly and monthly HTS strategies and work plans
• Participate in joint HTS supportive supervision visits together with the Ghana Health Service/National AIDS Control Program and other stakeholders
• Strengthen facility and community bidirectional referral and linkages
• Ensure that health facilities are adhering to quality control practices such as proficiency testing and sit-in observations
• Ensure facilities and community sites and partners do have adequate national and project level Standard Operating Procedures and algorithms for Index Testing and other HTS approaches.
• Participate in SIMS assessment visits and follow up remediation as is required
• Conduct other HTS duties delegated by the line manager and the COP from time to time.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Advance Nursing or other Clinical qualification with an MPH or other Master’s degree in a health-related field.
• A minimum of five years of work experience in HIV counseling and testing, and care and support for PLHIV activities, including activity planning, implementation, and evaluation.
• Experience with the national HIV and AIDS program is an added advantage. Past experience will include experience in HIV counseling and testing and behavioral change programs that indicates the ability to consult and collaborate effectively with all levels both health facility and in the community.
• Experience as National HIV & AIDS Trainer is an added advantage
• Experience with supply chain management (quantification, forecasting, and utilization for HTS commodity) is desirable
• Demonstrated skill in providing mentorship, oversight and technical expertise in a non-governmental setting is an added advantage.
• Results oriented with a demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines with competing tasks
• Experience working with PEPFAR/USAID Missions, host country governments, USG health agencies and / or USAID partner organizations desirable.
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified persons are required to send their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with the appropriate positions marked and also captured in the email subject ’ to:
Closing Date: 15 October, 2019.
• Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• No phone calls or drop-ins will be accepted.
Disclaimer: Roles and responsibilities are subject to change based on final confirmation of that particular position.
JSI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply.