Job Vacancy For Head of Security Services – Current Jobs in Ghana
The University of Energy and Natural Resources (UENR) was established by an Act of Parliament, 2011, (Act 830). The University is a public funded national institution which seeks to provide leadership and management of energy and natural resources and be a centre of excellence in these critical areas.
The University approaches its programmes and research by emphasizing interdisciplinary collaboration and taking into account areas such as economics, law and policy, management, science, technology and engineering as well as social and political issues that affect energy and natural resources.
The University of Energy and Natural Resources operates a multi-campus system, currently in Sunyani and Dormaa Ahenkro; plans are underway to start the Nsoatre and Kenyase campuses. Successful applicants of any of the following positions in the University should be willing to reside in any of these locations.
Job Title: Head of Security Services
The applicant must be a Security Officer not below the rank of an Assistant Commissioner of Police or its equivalent in the Ghana Armed Forces or analogous Security Organisations.
The applicant must be:
• duty conscious and have the capacity to manage crises;
• sober with maturity and drive for sound and impartial judgement;
• a good communicator with good inter-personal skills;
• a member of International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA);
• of unblemished character and have a high degree of personal integrity;
• have proved organisational and leadership skills;
• possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, and be a team player and have the capacity to manage crises.
The successful applicant shall be the Head of the University’s Security Services; and shall be responsible for:
• Implementing strategic security plans of the University;
• Supervising the Security Services and ensuring the security and safety of life and property on campus;
• Investigating and intelligence gathering;
• Liaising with the appropriate offices of the University, the Police and other Security Agencies on matters bordering on the security of the University;
• Performing other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
How To Apply For The Job
All applications should reach the Registrar not later than FRIDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2020 through the following address:
University of Energy and Natural Resources
P. O. Box 214
Closing Date: 11 December, 2020
Only shortlisted applicants would be called for interviews.