Job Vacancy For Head of Human Resource and Organisation Effectiveness (HROE) – Current Jobs in Ghana
ActionAid (AA) is a global movement of people working together to further human rights for all and end poverty.
ActionAid Ghana (AAG), an Affiliate of ActionAid is looking to employ experienced and self- motivated individual to fill the position of Head of Human Resource and Organisation Effectiveness (HROE).
• The Head of HROE shall be responsible for the development of a holistic approach to human resources and organizational effectiveness of the organization encompassing people, processes and systems that foster the AA culture to optimize staff productivity and organizational effectiveness.
Key Responsibilities: (List the major responsibilities the job holder is expected to perform)
• Develop the Country-level HROE strategy, change management plan, annual HR plans and budgets and work plans in alignment with the CSP, Global HR Standards and in accordance with Ghana laws and organisational priorities and budget provisions.
• Lead the implementation of, and accounting for the HR Strategy, annual HROE plans & budgets and work plans in line with approved plans and budgets and the HR Policy framework
• Development of HROE strategies, systems, policies and procedures including safeguarding policies to protect the vulnerable and for the Organisation
• Develop and update HR measurement indicators and provide guidance in the reporting of HR Management performance of the entire Affiliate to management
• Participate in the regional cluster HROE network to contribute to the development of the relevant cluster HROE priorities
• Develop and lead the implementation of workforce plans in line with the organisational strategy • Develop, implement and interpret Human Resource policies, procedures and systems and ensure consistency and harmony with the Global HROE Standard, other organisational level policies and national labour legislation.
• Develop and lead the implementation of mechanisms for succession planning and management development for the affiliate programme.
Qualification Required & Experience
• 2nd Degree + relevant professional qualification with 10 years relevant experience, 5 of which should be in executive management position.
TECHNICAL (State core job knowledge/skills required for successful execution of the job)
• Ability to develop HROD strategies and plans
• Knowledge of Ghana Labour Act and international labour conventions/regulations
• Ability to develop HR systems, policies and procedures
• Ability to design and implement organizational change interventions
• Ability to undertake learning needs identification
• Knowledge of adult learning principles
• Ability to write behavioural questions and coordinate a behavioural interview
• Ability to undertake job evaluation and design a salary structure
• Ability to design and deliver training programmes
MANAGERIAL (State core managerial knowledge/skills required for successful execution of the job)
• Knowledge of the decision-making and problem solving process
• Ability to conduct or manage a productive meeting
• Ability and/or willingness to discuss problems/concerns and to take action
• Ability to establish objectives, specific targets and goals
• Ability to plan and work effectively on several tasks at the same time
• Ability to determine organization structure for target achievement
• Ability to develop cooperation among team members and resolve conflicts
• Ability to identify suitable tasks for delegation, the skills required for the task, and the appropriate individual for the task
• Ability to select the most appropriate medium of communication
• Ability to write effective reports, letters, memos and make presentations
• Ability to lead and inspire others
• Knowledge of motivation theory
• Knowledge of control systems
• Ability to routinely monitor costs and control budget
PERSONALITY (State core personal attributes required for successful execution of the job)
• Coping with pressure
• Change Agent
• Non-conventional thinking
• Organizational understanding
• Holding others accountable
• This is a three (3) year renewable employment contract on national terms and conditions.
Salary: This role is on SM5 of ActionAid Ghana’s Salary Structure.
How to Apply For The Job
Curriculum Vitae (CVs) are NOT acceptable.
Completed Application Forms should be emailed to:
Closing Date: 15 October, 2019