Job Vacancy For Geotechnical Engineer
AngloGold Ashanti Iduapriem Limited ( A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operate the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana. and has a work force of over 1400, including contractors.
AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the role of Geotechnical Engineer.
• To provide ground engineering support to achieve mine production targets and identify opportunities to improve geotechnical aspect of mine design. To timely advise the mine management on the need to change mine design and/or mine plan to address the geotechnical risks
• To support the geotechical unit through elimination and reduction of geotechnical risks to acceptable levels
• To sufficiently utilise processes, people and materials resources to enable quality and timely delivery of expected outputs with regards to dealing with geotechnical risks
• Ensure that OE Wiring Elements and methods are fully implemented and adhered to
• Participate, contribute and drive pipeline ideas assigned to you from diagnoses to locked in.
• Accountable for assessing and recording of identified geotechnical hazards and recommend measures to manage the risks.
• Keep geotechnical hazard plans for all operating pits up-to-date and reconcile the status of recorded hazard on a monthly basis
• Accountable for the implementation of slope monitoring plans
• Accountable for monitoring installation, collection and analysis of data
• Interpretate and report on slope movement for all active pits and other areas in accordance with monitoring plans
• Develop and maintain an up-to-date structural model for all pits (Large structures, rock, mass, blast ability index) liaise with Geology on any development required for model updates
• Build and maintain a team of direct reports capable of doing the necessary work through implementation of training and development plans
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of BSc Degree in Geological Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum of 2 years work experience in the open pit environment and knowledge of open pit slope management
• Proficiency in the use of the GEM4D, Date mine, ArcGIS Survey 123 and Microsoft Office suite
• Ability to build and maintain effective colleteral and cross functioning working relationship
• Display high levels of integrity and honesty
• Demonstrate effective knowledge & understanding of operational HSE policies, procedures and principles in and around workplace
• Ability to use appropriate methods to identify opportunities to improve / maintain operational effectiveness within geotechnical operations
• Ability to generate and present information in a report format
• Possess valid Ghanaian Driving License and ability to drive light vehicle
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified persons are required to send their application letter and curriculum vitae (CV) marked “Geotechnical Engineer” in the subject line of the email to:
Closing Date: 08 May, 2020