Job Vacancy For General Manager
A rural bank in the Eastern Region is looking for a dynamic and result-oriented individual full of ideas and innovation to fill the position of General Manager
Job Title: General Manager
Job Grade: General Manager Grade
Location: Head Office
Reports to: Board of Directors
• Operations Manager
• Credit Manager
• Systems Administrator
• Responsible for delivering on the mandate of the Bank and shall have the overall supervision and responsibility for the effective functioning of the bank.
• Formulate policies and procedures for carrying out the work of the bank.
• Provide leadership and guidance for the bank through co-ordination of activities of all the departments and agencies of the bank.
• Prepare and present required technical papers for the Board of Directors
• Responsible for the operational and financial administration of the bank.
• Implement decisions and strategies of the Board.
• Establish linkages between the Bank of Ghana and ARB Apex Bank, as well as other financial institutions and external bodies.
• Responsible for the preparation and submission of prudential returns to regulatory bodies.
• Ensure compliance with the Banking and Specialised Deposit Taking Institutions Act 2016 (Act 930), the ARB Apex Bank Regulations (LI 1825), 2006 and other relevant legislations and directives.
• Co-ordinate the preparation of the Bank’s Strategic Plan and budgets and ensure the efficient management of both human and physical resources to achieve organisational goals.
• Ensure a peaceful and harmonious industrial working environment.
Qualification Required & Experience
• MBA in Finance or a minimum of a first degree in Banking and Finance from a recognised University and at least 10 years working experience in the banking industry with 5 years in senior management position in the rural banking space
• CIB qualification will be an added advantage
Knowledge and Skills
• Excellent knowledge of the banking industry, trends and developments, including up-to-date knowledge of the regulatory frameworks both locally and at the international level eg. IFRS, BASEL 2, etc
• Thorough knowledge of the operations and services of Rural & Community Banks, including the operational risks related to RCBs. Thorough knowledge of local banking legislation, including LI 1825. Must have a good of Knowledge of the Banks and Specialised Deposit Taking Institutions ACT 930.
• Must have Knowledge of the T24 banking application
• Strategic Leadership
• Networking, Influencing and Stakeholder Management Communications at all levels both internally and externally Problem solving, Analytical and Decision Making
• Computer Literacy
• Drive, initiative, business acumen and results-oriented.
Location: Eastern Region
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants who meet the above requirements can send their CVs with a cover letter addressed to the Head, Human Capital via email:
Closing Date: 14 April, 2020