Job Vacancy For Finance Officer
• The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) has put together a package of measures to support German, European and African companies in investment activities that have a high impact on employment in Africa.
• Under the brand Invest for Jobs, the Special Initiative on Training and Job Creation, (SI Jobs), implemented by GIZ offers advice, contacts, and financial support to overcome investment barriers.
Scope of the Role
• As a Finance Officer for Accounting & Compliance, you will strengthen the internal control procedures of the program and take on a mentoring role for Finance Officers by advising on implementing compliant business procedures and documentation as well as ensuring that financial administration functions are executed well in accordance with GIZ standard procedures and regulatory frameworks.
Ensure full compliance to internal control/ auditing rules. With your follow up, records are always ready to be audited ad-hoc.
• Support and coach cluster Finance Officers in all accounting procedures, execute trainings, do work shadowing, give regular feedbacks in accounting procedures and check documentation in a 4-eye principle.
• Follow up on proper execution of financial procedures (timely recording of expenditures, proper documentation, correct execution of monthly closing procedure etc.)
• Support the Senior Finance Manager in providing annual Internal Control (IC) management by compiling the main findings and supporting IC not focusing on mistakes but to provide broader compliance-oriented advice considering GIZ Processes and Regulations (P+R).
• Conduct a regular risk assessment of the project and general processes and propose mitigation measures to management.
Qualification Required & Experience
• M.Sc, Mphil or MBA in accounting or Commerce or related field from a recognized college.
• At least 5 years of experience as a finance officer or related field in Government or NGO or international organization.
• Very high proficiency in financial documentation procedures, preferably experience in accounting systems of public institutions in Ghana.
• Familiarity with contracting rules in the public sector, especially with GIZ rules and regulations.
• Very high proficiency with Microsoft Excel and IT affine personality.
• Proactive interest in improving quality of work; Excellent communication skills, both written and oral in English.
• Strong interpersonal and service skills; Strong organization and time management skills; Ability to perform efficiently in a multicultural work environment; Ability to work under time pressure; Self-driven motivation to create knowledge and innovations
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
[email protected] under the Job Code 2022/SI-Jobs/02/01. Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 01 March, 2022
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race,
and religion are encouraged to apply.