Job Vacancy For Facilities & Admin Assistant
Mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across ten sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower women living with HIV to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities.
Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence.
It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 11,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
Job Title: Facilities & Admin Assistant
• The Facilities & Admin Assistant will be responsible for maintaining the overall cleanliness of the office throughout the day from Monday to Friday.
• In addition, the incumbent will double as a Receptionist and handle a variety of minimal administrative support tasks.
Key Performance Areas
• Cleaning tasks such as dusting, mopping sweeping and vacuuming
• Refilling supplies, such as paper towels, tea and coffee canisters
• Making tea/coffee for staff and guests when required
• Washing used cups and plates in the shared kitchen
• Preparing meeting and training rooms and organizing catering as and when required
• Cleaning up before, during and after meetings and trainings
• Cleaning spills, broken glass and other messes up as quickly as possible
• Maintaining the reception area
• Answering the telephone and appropriately responding to requests
• Assist with printing and photocopying of documents and other clerical support when required
• Assisting with screening of guests in accordance with COVID-19 requirements
• Other duties, as assigned by the Finance and Administrative Officer and Technical Specialist
Qualification Required & Experience
• Senior Secondary School or Higher National Diploma. A high standard of cleaning knowledge is preferred.
• 2 years relevant experience preferably in an Office setting or Hospitality Industry
• Basic Computer Skills
• Impeccable cleaning skills and tidy presentation
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
• Conversant in English
• Knowledge of health and safety standards and the ability to handle cleaning chemicals safely
• Good writing skills
• Ability to show initiative and a positive attitude
• Keenness to learn and teachable
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Organization and Secretarial skills
• Excellent time management skills
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 24 July, 2020
Mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.