Job Vacancy For Emergency Medical Technician – Current Jobs in Ghana
• To provide emergency response to critically ill patients and to transport patients to the relevant emergency medical facility.
• To transport and to attend to patients within the care of the Clinic
• Constantly assessing the patient enroute to the emergency facility and administer additional care as indicated by the medical team.
• Report verbally and in writing observation of the patient at the emergency scene and in transit to the receiving medical facility staff for the purpose of records and diagnostics.
• Ensure that the ambulance and its equipment and consumables stock is in operational readiness at all times and to report any defects immediately to the Clinic Matron.
• Work in accordance with the Health & Safety rules liaising properly with the health personnel on the ambulance.
• Maintain strict confidentiality on all conversations and information heard during transport assignments.
• Clean all equipment by following the standard disinfecting procedures.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Education: Emergency Medical Technician Certification from the National Ambulance Service or any other recognized institution.
Experience: Minimum of two years in a related job.
• Must possess a valid Ghanaian driver’s license C and above
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Professional Demeanor
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Strong communication skills
• Courteous Attitude
• Understanding of medical terminology and calculations
• Should be attentive and available on immediate call basis at any time including weekends.
• Must be able to lift the stretcher with the patient and seeing that the patient and stretcher are properly secured.
• Assist in lifting the patient out of the ambulance and into the receiving medical facility.
• Daily recording in the ambulance movement log book
• Daily Incident Reports
• Monthly Report
How to Apply For The Job
Kindly forward your application and curriculum vitae to:
Closing Date: 27 September, 2019