Job Vacancy For Electrical Technician
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ghanaians for appointment to the following vacant position as Electrical Technician at the Independent Power Plant located at Kpone-Tema.
Under the direction of the Electrical Engineer the Electrical Technician
• Ensures that electrical equipment and systems are maintained as per procedures and guidelines documented in the Maintenance Management System (Maximo)
• Ensures the complebor of scheduled preventative and corrective maintenance activities of electrical equipment and systems
• Ensures downtime of the plant is reduced by careful planning and the implementation of Maintenance Practices of all electrical equipment & systems. and efficient resolution of equipment defects
• Assists in planning and budgeting of all maintenance activities and costs related to the electrical equipment and systems
• Assists in ensuring that necessary spares and consumables are available and manage these inventories as it relates to electrical equipment & system to ensure availability and reliability of the KIPP facility
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensures a safe working environment for himself and the Electrical maintenance personnel whilst working on any equipment
• Obtains a Permit to Work for each job as necessitated by KIPP facility HSE Procedures put in place
• Ensures that all necessary tools are available to ensure safety whilst working on equipment:
• Be a part of committed cohesive and dynamic team.
• Ensures maintenance tasks are completed as per Work Orders generated in Maximo
• Assists to prepare reports on maintenance and document in Maximo.
• Assists to ensure that maintenance on all electrical equipment and systems is in accordance with OEM Manuals for the equipment,
• Along with the Electrical Engineer, ensures that the maintenance planning of the electrical equipment and systems are correctly scheduled so that all equipment are maintained as per OEM recommended intervals.
• Reviews Maintenance Procedures of the Electrical equipment and systems and suggests improvements;
• Supports reliable and accessible 24-hour engineering callout functionality;
• Attempts all possible means of reducing equipment downtime and ensuring high plant availability,
• Performs troubleshooting activities as necessary to determine failure conditions and rectifies any defects found,
• Records and reports all rectification jobs undertaken to the Electrical Engineer,
• Assists to prepare reports on equipment failure:
• Assists to perform Root Cause Analysis of failures.
• Works with Plant Operations Personnel to resolve problems encountered with Electrical equipment and systems.
• Works with the Electrical Engineer for outage planning and execution;
• Assists the Electrical Engineer in planning and budget preparation processes.
• Assists to ensure adequate inventories of spares and consumables are maintained.
• Apply engineering knowledge and skills to review and update task list for equipment Implements initiatives to address inconsistencies in Maximo scheduling, practices and documentation
Qualification Required & Experience
SKILLS & BACKGROUND:
• Thorough knowledge of the practices. procedures and techniques essential to the electrical equipment and system maintenance of power plant
• Considerable knowledge of digital controls systems and power plant electrical systems
• Thorough knowledge of the methods, practices. tools and materials of the repair and maintenance of plant electrical equipment and system
• Ability to maintain required reports and records
• Skill in the use of personal computers and associated programs and applications necessary to successful job performance.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, be detail oriented and disciplined, and adept at multi-tasking
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills. both verbal and written, with demonstrated ability to follow instructions diligently.
• Demonstrated good analytical skills to process information in a timely and accurate manner.
• Knowledge of Statutory Regulations on health and safety.
• Self-motivated and the ability to work within a team or independently
• A minimum of 3 – 4 years of education with a degree from an accredited Engineering or Technical school or equivalent experience (preferable).
• Three years of power plant with combined cycle experience or industrial plant or equivalent experience.
• Become qualified (Training Process).
• Experience in GE Frame Gas Turbines and Siemens Steam Turbines (preferable)
Remuneration: Salary and Conditions of Service are attractive and negotiable
How To Apply For The Job
CVs stating Work Experience, Education, Personal Training & Development. Other Skills with names and addresses of three (3) Referees should be sent by email to the following address:
with the heading, ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN
Closing Date: 02 April, 2020