Job Vacancy For eLearning Manager – Current Jobs in Ghana
The University of Ghana hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons within the University for the position of eLearning Manager.
POSITION: eLEARNING MANAGER
REPORTING TO: DEPUTY CHIEF IT OFFICER, SERVICES
SUPERVISES: LMS Administrator, Multi-Content Development Team, Instructional Designers
• To provide support for operating policies and procedures with a focus on online course development, faculty training and mentoring and multi-media and production services in support of online instructional programs offered through the University in line with learning management initiatives for the achievement of the objectives of the University.
• Manages online course development, faculty training and mentoring and quality initiatives for eLearning and instructional design.
• Ensures accessibility issues related to online instruction are addressed and compliance with applicable regulations adhered to.
• Oversees the planning, implementation and evaluation of production services using a variety of media.
• Supervises professional, technical/support staff in the management of issues resolution and inquiries from College departments, the community and/or external agencies and partners.
• Initiates operating policies and procedures with a focus on online course development, faculty training and mentoring and multi-media and production services in support of online instructional programs offered through the University.
• Oversee the performance of day-to-day administration and maintenance of the Sakai Learning Management System.
• Oversee the provision of timely and efficient troubleshooting assistance to users by investigating all questions/issues relating to the LMS and taking appropriate action for resolution..
• Manage the creation and enforcement of LMS standards, policies, and procedures
• Establish and maintain a strong vendor relationship to accomplish business objectives, including escalation of critical issues and troubleshooting critical Sakai functionality.
• Provide role-based system training as needed.
• Provide and make recommendations for systemic process improvements.
• Evaluate, recommend, and pilot new technologies as appropriate.
• Prepare, deliver and manage reports, recommendations, or alternative solutions to address existing and future business needs as related to LMS data.
• Coordinate the generation of ad hoc and recurring reports generated in the LMS.
• Design, run and analyse reports created outside of the LMS as needed.
• Design and develop online learning materials and help for applications using University of Ghana standards and development tools.
• Plan and organize periodic e-content training for lecturers.
• Assist lecturers to convert paper-based teaching materials into electronic and web-based versions.
Qualification Required & Experience
The applicant must be a staff of the University of Ghana at the grade of at least, Principal ICT Assistant and have:
• A Master’s Degree in Management Information Sciences
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Studies
• A minimum of Ten (10) years relevant post qualification working experience.
• A minimum of Six (6) years of experience administering an LMS.
• Experience with database administration
Required knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
• Outstanding problem-solving, analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
• Knowledge of MySQL and Redhat Linux.
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives and projects.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under deadlines.
• Excellent communicator who works well in team environment, appreciates challenge, comfortable and effective working in new areas that require experimentation and rapid problem solving.
• Knowledge of one or more content authoring tools highly desirable (Adobe Captivate, Articulate, etc)
• Possess outstanding customer service skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• skills in developing high quality, standard-based online course design and development skills;
• Basic budgeting principles and practices;
• Project management principles and practices;
• Video, multi-media, and graphic material production principles and practices;
• Knowledge of Applicable software systems utilized in daily operations;
• Knowledge of Applicable digital production equipment;
• Knowledge of eLearning principles and practices;
• Knowledge and understanding of current and emerging educational technology.
• Ability to work with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
• Ability to utilize computer technology for communication, data gathering and reporting activities.
How To Apply For The Job
An applicant is required to submit the complete application pack to the
University of Ghana,
P. O. Box LG 25,
(Hard copy); or
[email protected] (Soft copy). The application pack should contain the following:
• Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional employees (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website at: www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd;
• An up to date Curriculum Vitae;
• Copies of relevant educational and professional certificates; and,
• Two reference letters, at least one of which should be from a Head of Unit in the University of Ghana, with whom the applicant has worked.
The reference letters should, among others, include the following information on the candidate:
• Professional competence and work output
• Leadership abilities and sense of responsibility.
• General Contribution to the work of the University (or relevant organization)
• Interpersonal skills
• Any other relevant information
In compliance with COVID-19 protocols, we encourage all applicants to submit soft copies of their application packs to the Registrar through the approved email address.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted to participate in a selection process.
Closing Date: 23 November, 2020