The University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA) is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment as Director of Medical Services.
• The Director of Health Services serves as the administrative head of the University Clinic and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor through the Registrar for providing leadership to the facility.
• He/She is also responsible for the general administration of the Clinic in respect of human and
material resources within the general framework of UPSA’s statutes and policies and/or as may be
determined by the University Council.
• The successful candidate will help shape the future of the Clinic in ways consistent with UPSA’s vision and strategic plan. It is expected that the appointed Director will have a distinguished record of clinical expertise and managerial competence.
• The position is certain for three years, subject to review and renewal for another three years based on performance.
The position holder’s duties and responsibilities include:
• Develop the health services strategy, procedures and processes and a number of activities related to the delivery of quality medical care and clinical services such as cost management, utilization of resources, quality assurance, and medical protocol development
• Establish administrative policies, procedures, and controls to ensure provision of high-quality health care services to the University Community.
• Develop clinic protocols, perform physical examinations and identify health care needs of patients, and monitor treatment progress of patients.
• Ensure compliance with the relevant statutory rules, regulations and codes relating to the operations of a medical facility.
• Provide direct supervision and training to the nursing staff, nursing students, and nurse practitioners, students. Functions as a health team leader in emergency situations.
• Participate in providing educational programming for the University student on health issues and provide outreach to the University Community to promote health education.
• Develop and implement the annual budget of the facility.
Qualification Required & Experience
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications, traits, and competencies:
• Preferably be of at least a Director Rank from a reputable institution;
• Be capable of providing leadership to the clinic;
• Proven competencies and experience in leading and managing a Medical Facility;
• Strong commitment to Service excellence;
• Knowledge of the laws of Ghana governing the operations of a medical facility;
• Proven track record of innovative and effective leadership in a Medical facility;
• Ability to take initiatives leading to innovations.
• Strong communication and presentation skills;
• Previous experience in similar position will be an added advantage.
Educational and Professional Qualifications
• Must be in good standing with the Medical and Dental Council of Ghana
• Member of the Ghana Medical Association
• Minimum qualification of MBChB
• A minimum of 15 years cumulative Managerial and Clinical experience.
• A broad knowledge base and experience in clinical care
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should download Application Form from the University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA) website:
Completed application forms together with detailed resumes and photocopies of relevant certificates and names of three referees who are conversant with applicant’s academic/professional competence should be forwarded to:
UNIVERSITY OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES, ACCRA,
POST OFFICE BOX LG 149
Closing Date: 04 August, 2021