Job Vacancy For Director of Internal Audit – Current Jobs in Ghana
The Governing council of Cape Coast Technical University Announces the Executive Search for hardworking, resourceful and visionary persons for the following position: Director of Internal Audit
The Director of Internal Audit shall be:
• Responsible for the internal audit of the accounts and financial transactions of the University.
• Required to report to the Governing Council through the Audit Committee.
• Responsible for the establishment and operation ofan efficient and effective financial control system,
• Responsible for vetting all proposed expenditure to ensure compliance with laid-down internal control systems and other statutory requirements
• Responsible lor conducting periodic examination of the accounts of the University including all units with limited financial and operational autonomy
• Required to monitor and ensure that all expenditure incurred has been authorised and are within budgetary provisions.
• Responsible for conducting periodic management audit and submit reports to the Vice Chancellor and the Governing Council of the University
• Responsible for liaising with 1 xternal Auditors and ensure that appropriate action is taken tot reported audit findings
• Required to submit periodic audit reports on the activities of all Units of the University to the Council through the Vice Chancellor
• Responsible for ensuring that the University complies with the Internal Audit Agency Act, 2003 (Act 565) and all other relevant statutory regulation
• Required to perform any other functions that the Vice Chancellor and governing council assign from time to time
Terms of Appointment
• The terms and conditions of the appointment shall be determined by the Governing Council of the University consistent with the Technical Universities, Act 2016 (Act 922) as amended and Statutes of Cape Coast Technical University.
• The salary and Conditions of Service attached to this position are very attractive and are comparable to those in analogous universities in Ghana.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Be a Chartered Accountant and hold a research Master’s degree in a relevant field.
• Have at least twelve (12) years post-professional accountancy/auditing working experience in a tertiary institution, industry or any relevant public service or corporate organisation.
• Have served at least a Deputy Internal Auditor in a University or comparable grade in a similar institution/organisation for at least six (6) years.
• Be of good character and demonstrate personal integrity.
• Be a servant leader and be able to plan, organise, implement, and administratively manage all activities related to the Internal Audit Directorate.
• Be able to provide sound advice to the Vice Chancellor and the Governing Council on compliance with laid-down internal control systems and any statutory requirements.
• Have extensive knowledge of University’s financial policies, procedures, controls and processes and best auditing and finance practices.
• Have experience with a University’s accounting. finance and auditing software and records management in a manner that is consistent with the University’s mission and objectives.
• Be able to exhibit the highest professional and ethical standards in the oversight of University’s accounting records and financial transactions.
Location: Cape Coast
How To Apply For The Job
Candidates are to submit six (6) copies each of their application letter attached to their Curriculum Vitae, including names and addresses of three (3) referees.
Applicants are to include a short statement of not more than four (4) pages (Times New Roman size 12 and 1.5 line spacing) outlining their vision and strategies for implementation.
Applications must be hand delivered in a sealed envelope to the Registry of the University and signed for or submitted using a registered postal mail to reach the address below (as applicable) and copied to the email addresses below not later than July 12, 2019
Search Commitee for Director of Internal Audit
Cape Coast Technical University
P. O. Box DL50
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: July 12, 2019
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED