Job Vacancy For Director of Finance and Administration – Current Jobs in Ghana
Family Health International (FHI 360) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist for the anticipated USAID Resilience in Northern Ghana (RING) II Activity in northern Ghana. The RING II Activity aims to enhance the wellbeing and resilience of vulnerable populations in 17 districts of northern Ghana through three primary objectives: (1) Local governments plan, finance and deliver essential services that respond to the population’s needs; (2) Local government, non-governmental and private entities collectively implement solutions to improve household resilience and wellbeing; and (3) Citizens influence local service delivery.
• The MEL Specialist will play a lead role in the design and implementation of a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation plan by developing appropriate indicators, implementing systems to safeguard the collection and management of program data, and recommending changes to annual work plans or data collection techniques as needed.
• The MEL Specialist will also train project staff and liaise with USAID/Ghana on M&E reporting requirements and program learning strategies.
• This is a full-time position based in Tamale Ghana for a duration of five years. Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. Availability of the position is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360.
• Design the project M&E system and related tools, clearly identifying performance indicators, users, and the utility of the data and information.
• Liaise with USAID Ghana and adapt M&E tools as necessary to meet program and donor needs over the life of activity.
• Oversee design of survey methods, data collection processes, and data quality assessments.
• Train program staff, supervise M&E activities, and safeguard data capture and management processes.
• Oversee the application of Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) principles to inform program implementation and management.
• Engage staff, government, partners, USAID, and other key stakeholders in identifying project learning opportunities.
• Analyze project data and advise program management on needed program revisions.
• Contribute to written performance reports for the donor and other interested parties
• Work with grantees and partners to ensure accurate information flow, including guidance and support on grantee data collection, measurement, and reporting
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree preferred or its international equivalent in social science, management, international development, monitoring and evaluation, or a related field preferred; or a bachelor’s degree and two additional years of work experience.
• Minimum of 8 years of related work experience, with experience managing and implementing monitoring and evaluation and learning systems for donor-funded programs, preferably within multi-sector programs in Ghana or similar country contexts.
• Demonstrated abilities in qualitative and quantitative M&E methodologies, knowledge management and organizational learning, survey and research tool design, data collection and statistical analysis, qualitative research, and dissemination of results.
• Experience coordinating with governments and/or local NGOs, as well as with local communities, in the design and implementation of surveys and other data collection techniques.
• Proven interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams.
• Ability to effectively use statistical analysis software such as STATA and SPSS.
• Experience on the use of M&E systems to support a learning agenda and evolve a theory of change to maximize impact.
• Oral and written fluency in English.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 28 February, 2021