Job Vacancy For Deputy Nursing Manager – Current Jobs in Ghana
Halcom Management Services are looking for dynamic, customer-focussed personnel for a new state of the art hospital facility in Accra, Ghana scheduled to open in the second quarter 2021.
Facilities and services provided include emergency unit, surgical, medical, paediatric and maternity wards, cath lab, urology, renal, ophthalmology, theatres, radiology, pathology, physiotherapy, pharmacy and diet therapy.
Job Title: Deputy Nursing Manager
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assisting the Nursing Manager to manage the Nursing functions for the Hospital, ensuring that all required nursing processes and standards are maintained, and that the objectives are met by the nursing staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Deputising the nursing function for the Hospital
• Consistent management of the nursing units according to the mission and vision of the hospital.
• Management of nursing staff: staffing needs, allocation of staff, setting up of performance appraisals, grievances and labour relations issues, compiling and control of duty roster, leave schedules and attendance register
• Immediate supervision and mentoring of the Nursing Ward Managers in charge of the Nursing Departments
• Skills development report
• Workplace discipline report
• Ongoing monitoring and assessment of the delivery of nursing care in the Hospital
• Daily rounds in all Nursing Units – making recommendations to unit managers or team leader in charge.
• Ensures that the health status of each patient and family is assessed as outlined in the standards of nursing practices.
• Assess knowledge, skills and attitudes of personnel and identify learning needs for in-service education.
• Stock control – Ensure that monthly stock and equipment checks are done and report findings in writing to Nursing Manager. Control, monitor and analyse cost containment in and by the Units
• Regular monitoring and reporting on patient care (adverse patient events, refusal of Hospital treatment, potential litigation cases or instances of nursing negligence).
• Supervision of the development and revision of all departmental policies, procedures, in-services education programs, patient care programs and nursing standards with the approval of the Nursing Manager.
• Assist with budget reports,
• Assesses the equipment, linen and stock needs required to provide a safe therapeutic environment.
• Update and review patient care standards, policies and procedures.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Diploma/degree in General Nursing
• Post basic qualification in Midwifery
• Current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Ghana
• Minimum 2 years in a senior Nursing Management or Leadership position
• Minimum 2 years’ private hospital experience (not obligatory by preferred)
• Computer Literate
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Problem solving capabilities
• Excellent communication skills
• Mature and professional attitude
• Acceptance of responsibility and accountability for position and decisions made
• Understanding of resourcing models within broader healthcare industry
• Understanding of legislation and regulations relating to healthcare and the nursing profession
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 11 January, 2021