Job Vacancy For CREMA Mobilization Officer / — Current Jobs in Ghana
Winrock International is a non-profit organization that works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing
long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
• LOCATION: Two vacancies, Bolgatanga, and Sandema, Ghana
• UNIT: Forestry and Natural Resource Management Group
• POSITION TITLE: CREMA Mobilization Officer
• STATUS: Full time
• REPORTS TO: NRM & Multiple Use Water Service Manager
Winrock International (WI) is currently recruiting for the position of a full-time CREMA Mobilization Officer in its satellite project offices to support the five-year, USAID-funded Feed the Future Ghana Agriculture and Natural Resources Management Project (USAID AgNRM). The USAID AgNRM project seeks to provide a scalable, integrated landscape approach that will support sustainable economic development and rural livelihoods, increase nutrition and climate change adaptation, and strengthen Northern Ghana?s natural resources.
• The CREMA Mobilization Officer will work with the NRM & Multiple Use Water Service Manager, technical staff, field teams, and partners to mobilize CREMA communities to actively participate in their governance and management activities. This will include the facilitation and coordination of data collection, democratic governance processes, development and implementation of a CREMA Management Plan.
• Coordination and collaboration with Government of Ghana institutions, especially the Wildlife Division, development partners and private sector institutions active within and around the CREMA will be crucial to the functions of this position.
• Mobilize CREMA communities, including their traditional authorities, opinion leaders, assembly persons, community-based organizations and partners for management of their respective CREMA and associated biodiversity corridor
• Act as frontline person and liaison between the project and CREMA communities, Community Resource Management Committees (CRMCs) and the CREMA Executive Committee (CEC). The Community Mobilization Officer will work closely with the CRMCs and CEC in performing his or her functions
• Ensure strong collaboration with traditional authorities, CREMA structures and District Assembly representatives
• Facilitate formation of appropriate community- and CREMA-level institutions to support CREMA-wide natural resource management
• Work closely with CEC and CRMC members in planning and implementation of project activities in CREMA communities
• Collect and compile social, economic and ecological information of the respective CREMAs you are assigned, to enhance evidence-based management
• Provide support to technical teams conducting field surveys, assessments and community participatory appraisals in the CREMA, and associate biodiversity corridor
• Participate actively in community land use planning activities
• Support the development of CREMA Management Plans, activity plans and report, and technical reports as directed by your supervisor
• Proactively coordinate and liaise with other members of the team, communities and partners and assist all in data collection from the field
• Help the technical staff in organizing community meetings, workshops and campaigns
• Take lead in resolution and management of the relevant community conflicts over common resource utilization in the CREMA
• Help build linkages of the CREMA communities and local natural resource institutions with partner organizations, internal/external development stakeholders, and relevant government institutions
• Organize training and learning opportunities to improve knowledge and skill of the CREMA communities and partners in sustainable natural resource management;
• Document and share lessons learnt, achievements and successes from the field
• Work closely with Wildlife Division counterparts and other Government of Ghana (GOG) Actors
• Undertake any other relevant activity as directed by your supervisor
• Reports to the NRM & Multiple Use Water Service Manager
SALARY & BENEFITS:
The annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits include life, disability and medical insurance, retirement, and other normal Winrock benefits.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Education: Degree in ecology, natural resource management, development studies, or relevant social science field.
• Work Experience: Three years of relevant experience designing and managing community mobilization and development activities.
• Experience planning and implementing surveys, etc.
• Experience in conducting democratic processes for community-based governance and management of natural resources. Knowledge of CREMA model highly preferred.
• Experience organizing and managing community forums, such as workshops, and meetings.
• Demonstrated and proven record to work in a multidisciplinary team under changeable and complex circumstances.
• Previous work experience and knowledge of USAID or other donor projects in Africa.
• Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
• Excellent data collection, collation and reporting skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
• Fluency in English required.
• Fluency in at least one of the local languages spoken in the CREMA would be an advantage (not required)
• Computer literacy, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel, is required.
Location: Bolgatanga and Sandema
How To Apply For The Job
All interested candidates shall submit their applications (maximum 5 pages including resume, two references and one-page cover letter) in English to:
[email protected], indicating CREMA Mobilization Officer in the subject line.
Closing Date: 08 January, 2018
Qualified applicants will be invited for an in-person interview. Winrock would like to graciously thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are short listed will be contacted. EEOE/AA.