Job Vacancy For Component Manager – Current Jobs in Ghana
Job Role: Component Manager
Project: ComCashew EU-REACH
Reports To: Project Manager
Contract Duration: 31.12.2021 (Renewable)
Location: Wa (Upper West Region)
• The ComCashew-EU REACH project aims to enable a sustainable and inclusive improvement in the rural economy through enhanced implementation of gender-sensitive climate change adaptation and mitigation practices in at least 200 Communities in the Joint Programme Area of the EU Ghana Agriculture Programme (EUGAP) by 2024.
• The project will increase agricultural incomes, promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth in rural communities of the Joint Programme Area by 2024. The project will directly benefit Metropolitan, Municipal and Districts Assemblies, farmers and rural communities who are the most affected and most threatened by climate change.
Scope of the Role:
• The Component Manager will be responsible for the management and overall coordination of the REACH Component 2, with its focus on Conservation Agriculture, communications, and knowledge facilitation exchange within the EU GAP, GIZ portfolio in Ghana and other projects.
• Serve as principal back-stopper for staff and consultants working on Conservation Agriculture (CA) and Community Action Plan (CAP) assignments and ensure that activities are carried out according to the approved work plan and budget.
• Oversee the communication activities, including strategy development and implementation for the radio and nature club programs.
• Ensure financial and results-based monitoring of the component and unit is according to GIZ rules and regulations.
• Facilitate the knowledge exchange within the European Union Ghana Agriculture Programme (EU GAP), the GIZ portfolio in Ghana other projects.
• Manage employees in accordance with management principles and guidelines to promote a sense of corporate identity, enable employees to carry out tasks independently and create scope for developing creativity and innovation.
• Responsible for recruiting, selecting, grading, planning the assignment of and professional development of employees.
• Responsible for monitoring, managing a team and ensuring that they provide cost-effective services.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Masters/MSc or Doctorate in an area that is related to the programme objectives, with a focus on a relevant field.
• Several years of work experience in the context of international cooperation or a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience working in the private sector.
• Very good working knowledge of ICT (related software, phone, email, internet) and computer applications (e.g., MS Office).
• A proven track record in a managerial role.
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
• Leadership experience in intercultural teams is an asset.
• Experience in the management of administrative processes, organizational skills, ability to motivate your team across cultural boundaries to work independently and to achieve good results.
• Fluent in English, knowledge of German and French is a strong asset.
Location: Wa, Upper West Region
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
under the Job Code 2021/EU-REACH/03/04. Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 06 April, 2021
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.