Job Vacancy For Communications and Knowledge Management Advisor – Current Jobs in Ghana
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a leader in global health, is a non-profit public health management consulting and research organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world.
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a leader in global health, is a non-profit public health management consulting and research organization dedicated timproving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world.
JSI has submitted an application USAID implement an HIV and AIDS project in the Western Region of Ghana. If awarded, the goal of this project will be to provide support tthe Government of Ghana (GOG) and accelerate Ghana’s progress in attaining the 90-90-90 UNAIDS targets by achieving epidemic control in one high HIV burdened region by scaling up evidence based interventions. Activities will include active case finding of persons living with HIV (PLHIV) in Western Region (WR), putting and retaining them on treatment, and ensuring they are virally suppressed. The potential project, if awarded, is expected the funded by the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through USAID beginning in October 2019.
JSI seeks trecruit the following position: Communications and Knowledge Management Advisor
• Reports to: Senior Strategic Information Advisor
• Location: Takoradi
• This is a full-time position that will be based in Takoradi, Ghana.
• The Communications and Knowledge Management Advisor Specialist is responsible to help define the behavior change component of the project within the overall program scope, and will develop strategies to promote appropriate changes in the enabling environment.
• S/he will work with program staff and partners, as well as short-term consultants, to develop the strategies to empower individuals and communities to practice positive behaviors by improving their knowledge, attitudes, skills and norms about key practices and promoting changing.
• S/he will also be responsible for the learning and knowledge management of the Project whilst overseeing the development and implementation of the communications strategy.
• The Communications and Knowledge Management Advisor, reports to the Snr. SI Advisor.
• S/he will also supervise The Strategic Behavioral and Communications (SBCC) Officer.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Lead in defining the behavior change communication component of the project within the overall program scope, and will strategize and promote appropriate changes in the enabling environment.
• Provide technical guidance and assistance in developing and promoting strategies for Communications and Knowledge management related to HIV treatment and care, and adherence and retention support for PLHIVs and key populations;
• Drive strategic branding of the program to promote program visibility and impact;
• Keep program team updated on key news, events and information of relevance to the program
• Organize events and workshops;
• Review and edit reports, training and marketing materials, press releases and other documents as may be required
• Work with stakeholders, including partnering NGOs and CSOs, to coordinate the development of cohesive SBCC strategies.
• Develop training curricula and other learning resources;
• Advises on Communications and Knowledge management strategy as it relates to policy, advocacy, leadership, governance and service delivery;
• Oversee the development of culturally sensitive SBCC messages, program and materials that will be used by project staff and partners;
• Provide technical assistance in the areas of strategic communication and other behavior-center approaches;
• Manage the programs’ social media activities
• Create internal document templates;
• Identify and develop storylines for publications and substantive articles to be published on web and in other media;
• Develop and maintain a resource library as well as the public folder;
• Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor or the Chief of Party.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Knowledge Management or related field.
• Minimum of 6-10 years of increasingly responsible executing successful communication strategies.
• Extensive experience in social and behavior change communication/empowerment.
• Demonstrated experience providing capacity building support to CSOs and NGOs.
• Experience working with and supporting a wide range of HIV and AIDS projects and programs, such as combination prevention, and PMTCT.
• Experience in using Microsoft office package including word, excel and power point.
• Ability to use internet/online applications and GIS products will be an added advantage.
• Fluency in English language.
• Sound experience in effectively using different communications media including social media
• Experience working with USAID Missions, host country governments, USG health agencies and / or USAID partner organizations desirable.
• Excellent written, presentation and communication skills as well as strong public presentation skills, including the ability to represent the project to key stakeholders.
• Experience working with USAID/PEPFAR highly desirabl
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified persons are required to send their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with the appropriate positions marked and also captured in the email subject ’ to:
Closing Date: 15 October, 2019
• Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• No phone calls or drop-ins will be accepted.
Disclaimer: Roles and responsibilities are subject to change based on final confirmation of that particular position.
JSI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply.