Job Vacancy For Communication Officer
Tropenbos Ghana (TBG), a forest and environmental NGO, is looking for a Communications Officer for immediate appointment to assist in the overall planning and execution of its communication programme. The officer shall perform the following tasks:
Responsibilities of the Communication Officer
Management of key TBG communications, outreach and project documents
• Develop and implement the corporate communication strategy and annual work
• Lead the development, production and distribution of Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials (e.g. newsletters, brochures, info sheets, policy briefs, posters, etc) of TBG projects.
• Support the planning, organising and facilitation of multi-stakeholder processes.
• Develop and publish success stories (outcome and impacts) of projects from the held for communication to primary and secondary audiences
Planning of TBG Programmes
• Support the organisation of events by TBG and its partners (e.g. trainings, meetings and durbars) and produce reports related to the primary objectives.
• Undertake field visits, support survey/research and document best practices and lessons learned for each
• Assist In fundraising and development of project
• Support behavioural change campaigns related to natural resources in targeted communities where TBG work.
Creation of Information, Documents and Data Management
• Create and manage systems for storage and retrieval of programme information, project documents and reports.
• Support writing and editing of TBG documents, project reports to meet Corporite branding requirements.
• Collate monthly summary reports from TBG project coordinators and other officers for sharing with all staff and relevant partners.
• Support the management of corporate website and social media pages (including updating content, writing and posting articles and news items)
Other Duties as may be Assigned
Qualification Required & Experience
• Purpose-driven individual with excellent communication skills and strong interest in natural resources management, including governance and climate change.
• Experience in development communication, public relations, media campaigns, environmental journalism.
• Extensive experience in report writing (especially development of success stories) and development of IEC materials.
• Bachelor of Science or preferably MA or MSc in Communication, Journalism, Social Sciences, with a working knowledge of Natural Resource or Environmental
• A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in similar tasks.
• Excellent writing skills and proven ability to produce quality results.
• Proficient user of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet; other computer application skills will be added advantage (e.g. web-based management systems).
• Fluent in speaking, reading and writing of English Language and Twi Language.
• Familiarity with International development donor rules and regulations Is a plus.
• Familiarity with landscape management, environmental and forest governance, biodiversity conservation, climate change and international cooperation.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements and will be available for immediate appointment may send I cover letter and CV (as one PDF file) to:
Closing Date: 03 April, 2020