Job Vacancy For College Librarian
St. Francis College of Education, Hohoe, is a renowned public Catholic Teacher Education institution affiliated to the University of Cape Coast as part of the teacher education reform.
The College Librarian shall:
• Serve as the Professional and Administrative Head of the College Library.
• Provide leadership in advancing the College’s teaching, learning and research mission through a clear vision of the Library’s role, comprehensive strategic planning, and demonstrate the ability to incorporate emerging technologies and sound fiscal management in engaging the College community.
• Draw and monitor the implementation of the approved College Library Strategic Plan.
• Establish and maintain procedures, policies and systems that make for effective library operation.
• Supervise staff under the College Libraries to ensure effective and efficient functioning of the Libraries of the College.
• Maintain links with relevant and appropriate local and international organizations involved in library work to promote an effective and efficient library system of the college.
Qualification Required & Experience
The candidate must:
• Have good character and a high degree of personal and professional integrity and leadership skills.
• Possess researched Postgraduate degree in Library or Information Science related field from a recognized tertiary institution. Membership of a relevant and recognized professional body is an added advantage.
• Have served as Deputy Librarian or comparable grade in a tertiary institution or similar institution/organisation for at least four (4) years.
• Be conversant with Library software or Library records management software.
• Be able to complete at least one term of four (4) years before attaining the compulsory retirement age of Sixty (60) years.
Location: Hohoe, Volta Region
How To Apply For The Job
For all the advertised positions prospective candidates are requested to submit an application letter together with the following:
• Six (6) copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae together with relevant supporting documents, including names and addresses of three (3) referees.
• At least a two (2) page vision statement for the College in relation to the relevant position.
ST. FRANCIS COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
P. O. BOX 100
HOHOE, VOLTA REGION
Soft copies must be forwarded to:
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject.
Closing Date: 26 June, 2020
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Issued by the Governing Council of the College.