Job Vacancy For Clinical Director – Current Jobs in Ghana
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a leader in global health, is a non-profit public health management consulting and research organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world.
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a leader in global health, is a non-profit public health management consulting and research organization dedicated timproving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world.
JSI has submitted an application tUSAID timplement an HIV and AIDS project in the Western Region of Ghana. If awarded, the goal of this project will be tprovide support tthe Government of Ghana (GOG) and taccelerate Ghana’s progress in attaining the 90-90-90 UNAIDS targets by achieving epidemic control in one high HIV burdened region by scaling up evidence based interventions. Activities will include active case finding of persons living with HIV (PLHIV) in Western Region (WR), putting and retaining them on treatment, and ensuring they are virally suppressed. The potential project, if awarded, is expected tbe funded by the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through USAID beginning in October 2019.
JSI seeks to recruit the following position: Clinical Director
• Reports to: Chief of Party
• Location: Takoradi
• This is a full-time position that will be based in Takoradi, Ghana. The Clinical Director is responsible for working with district teams through to the regional Ghana Health Service to build on current program strengths and accomplishments, taking into account the donor priorities, national priorities, existing stakeholders, and programming opportunities. The Clinical Director will be responsible for maintaining a high level of expertise and innovation in particular the area of antiretroviral treatment (including adherence and retention, roll-out of viral load monitoring, treatment monitoring including treatment failure, differentiated service delivery models, and other related issues),
• The Clinical Director will report to the Chief of Party or his delegate. S/he will oversee an HIV services Unit which includes the Snr. Advisor eMTCT, Advisor HIV Testing Services (HTS) and the Snr. Program Specialist and Nurse Assistants. Working closely with the GHS, s/he will be responsible for the strategic direction and management of HIV service delivery activities within the project and serve as advisor to clinicians at the project supported facilities and community ART service points in the Western Region. S/he will ensure the use of the latest evidence-based national and international clinical guidelines and standards as well as conduct regular technical updates for program staff and partners to ensure that services are of high quality at both facility and community levels
Responsibilities and Duties
• In conjunction with the regional health directorate and the National AIDS Control Program, provide technical guidance and support to monitor implementation of HIV prevention and clinical treatment in each district of the project.
• Develop, adapt, adopt, pilot and spearhead the implementation of current and applied clinical program components such as HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis and HIV Self-Testing as will become necessary.
• Provide advisory support to clinicians in the project supported facilities in each district and community distribution sites by ensuring that all required clinical standards are adhered to.
• Spearhead the formation and sustainability of clinical mentorship teams in ART and appropriate quality assurance standards and practices in conjunction with the regional health directorate
• With other specialists and advisors, attend the monthly coordinating and cascade analysis meetings at the collaborating facilities and provide technical content support to discussions.
• Supervise the service team to optimize high quality HIV testing services at community and facility levels and linkage to care (ART) practices.
Ensure the application of index testing strategy (including index case finding, index contact elicitation, tracing, testing and linkage to ART) at both community and facility levels including among Key Populations.
• Support to provide technical assistance, training, and mentoring to the Care Continuum’s Nurse Assistants’ activities at all Community and Facility sites of the project. Provide updates on new development and mentorship to project staff in eMTCT;
• Support the development/update of supplementary training materials, SOPs and supporting tools needed by facilities and community ART distribution points in the region. Supporting new business opportunities, including concept development, technical writing, technical review of new business concepts and proposals
• Any other related duty assigned by the Chief of Party.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Medical Doctor, (Medical Degree-MD, or MBChB, or MB BS) with Master Degree equivalent preferably in HIV Medicine or public health, is a plus.
• Specialist qualification in Infectious Diseases is an advantage
• 7 or more years of experience in HIV and AIDS prevention, care and treatment programs in developing countries
• Extensive clinical experience in care of HIV infected adults and children in resource poor settings.
• Demonstrated technical expertise and skills in quality assurance systems and health programs.
• Demonstrated clinical experience in care and treatment of people living with HIV, including ART provision and implementing adherence and retention strategies
• Demonstrated experience of building collaborative partnerships around quality clinical care initiatives with various partners, including NGOs, community groups, government, donors, private sector
• Strong experience in providing mentorship and technical assistance
• Excellent oral and report writing and presentation skills. Proven ability to write high quality scientific/management documents including the ability to represent the project to key stakeholders.
• Excellent collaboration and partnering skills in a teamwork environment
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of a team
• Experience working with PEPFAR/USAID Missions, host country governments, USG health agencies and / or USAID partner organizations desirable.
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified persons are required to send their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with the appropriate positions marked and also captured in the email subject ’ to:
Closing Date: 27 September, 2019
• Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• No phone calls or drop-ins will be accepted.
Disclaimer: Roles and responsibilities are subject to change based on final confirmation of that particular position.
JSI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply.