Job Vacancy For Class/Subject Teacher/Coordinator – Current Jobs in Ghana
Job Title: Class/Subject Teacher/Coordinator
Reporting to: Head of Department
Role Profile & Job Purpose
• To provide high quality teaching and learning within the Academy. Responsible for ensuring that effective learning occurs in the Academy and all students have an equal opportunity to progress.
• Teachers/coordinators work collaboratively with each other, as well as with their respective Divisional Heads in delivering the curriculum.
• Identify clear teaching and learning objectives and specify how they will be taught and assessed;
• Set tasks, including homework, which challenge students and ensure a high level of interest;
• Set appropriate and demanding expectations for teaching and learning, motivation and presentation of work;
• Set clear targets building on prior attainment;
• Identify the needs of individuals and groups within the class, taking note of individual education plans and the requirements of the Aves Child Protection Code;
• Make effective use of assessment information when planning lessons;
• Plan opportunities to contribute to students’ literacy and numeracy, and to their personal development.
Teaching & Class Management
• Plan work in accordance with unit planners, the Cambridge Curriculum and/or International Baccalaureate programs of study and external examination requirements;
• Make use of appropriate lesson structures and a range of teaching strategies;
• Ensure that lesson plans include clear differentiation for the full range of ability including, those who are gifted and talented and those with special needs; Take account learners’ prior levels of attainment and use them to set targets for improvement;
• Set appropriate and demanding expectations for students’ learning, motivation and presentation of work;
• Select appropriate learning resources and develop study skills through library, ICT and other sources
• Support pupils to acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate to the subject taught;
• Establish and maintain a safe environment and purposeful working atmosphere which supports learning and in which pupils feel secure and confident.
Monitoring, Assessment, Recording & Reporting
• Assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use them to improve specific aspects of teaching;
• Mark and monitor students work and set targets for progress;
• Assess and record learner progress systematically and keep records to check work is understood and completed, monitor strengths and weaknesses, inform planning and recognise the level at which the student is achieving;
• Prepare and present informative reports to parents.
Other Professional Requirements
• Have a working knowledge of teachers’ professional duties and legal responsibilities;
• Operate within the stated policies and practices of the school;
• Establish effective working relationships and maintain professional conduct;
• Contribute to the life of the school through effective participation in meetings and management systems necessary to co-ordinate the management of the school;
• Take responsibility for their own professional development and duties in relation to school policies and practices;
• Liaise effectively with parents and guardians as necessary.
• Carry out any duties that may be reasonably required by the Head of Department and Divisional Head.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education, relevant subject or equivalent. Further education and/or qualifications are an added advantage.
• 4+ years’ experience in progressive teaching and educational responsibility
Technical, Managerial And Personality Competencies
• Demonstrate skills in team building
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills
• Passion, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
• Demonstrate supervisory skills
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidate should send their CVs to:
Closing Date: 17 February, 2022