Job Vacancy For Chief Statistician, Quality Assurance – Current Jobs in Ghana
The Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians who are goal-oriented, results-driven with good leadership qualities and enthusiasm into the position of Chief Statistician, Quality Assurance
To bring acceptable quality assurance standards and to ensure the implementation of these standards in the generation of statistics in the GSS.
Duties and Responsibilities
Quality Assurance principles, standards and best practice Lead the development, implementation and periodic revision of a:
• National Statistical System (NSS) Code of Practice, in accordance with the UN Fundamental Principles for Official Statistics and other international standards;
• NSS Quality Assurance Framework for the collection, analysis and dissemination of statistics about Ghana’s economy, society and population. This should include standardized error detection measures;
• NSS best practice for compilation and publication of survey and administrative metadata. The 2013 ‘Compendium of statistical standards, definitions of concepts. variables and classifications’ used in the production of national statistics. In line with international and regional standards: and
• NSS suite of common statistics and methods, that are reproducible and transferable across the whole national statistical system
Quality Assurance for Data Management
• Develop a data management framework and standards for the secure collection, transmission, storage and dissemination/publishing of data by Ghana Statistical Service,
• Advise and administer a corporate set of data management and analytical tools should be used by the Service for the collection and production of statistics, and
• Ensure that data collected and analysed by GSS are published in open, transparent and reusable formats
Trust in Statistics and Transparency
• Develop and publicise a Release Calendar for the dissemination of national statistics. This should include publishing corrections to national statistics and ad hoc data requests (tables) received by the Service;
• Develop regulations for the full review of all national starting with GSS. This will include using the Quality Assurance Framework and Standards to assess and report on the quality of statistical output This will include working with the GSS Senior Leadership Team to ensure that all reports of statistics produced by the GSS are of high quality;
• Work with other GSS Senior Leaders. build strong and trusted relationships with users of our data to understand their needs and improve the value of our statistics;
• Develop indicators for quality and performance of data quality, and
• Lead the discussion and implementation of the designation of statistics in phases (experiment, official and national) based levels of acceptance, usability and robustness.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a research-based postgraduate degree (at least Master’s degree) in a subject area that is inclined to the use of data
• A minimum of 10 years post first degree qualification work experience in a field related to data generation and use with at least 5 years in a management position.
Competencies and Skills
• Show evidence of adherence to data quality through sharing of data and syntax; and
• Good interpersonal skills: ability to operate effectively across organisational boundaries.
Terms of Appointment
The appointment is for an initial period of four (4) years renewable upon satisfactory performance Applicants must be eligible and capable of serving a full term of four years before attaining the compulsory retiring age of 60 years.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants are to submit six copies of the following set of documents.
• Application letter which gives evidence of examples of experience based on the enumerated selection criteria:
• Detailed curriculum vitae with contact telephone numbers. e-mail address and three referees, including contact details.
• Two-page vision statement for the Ghana Statistical Service (GSS);
• Brief statement of job responsibilities in current/latest post, and
• Any other relevant information
Ghana Statistical Service Governing Board,
Ghana Statistical Service
P.O. Box GP 1098
Closing Date: 31 December, 2019
Qualified women are encouraged to apply