Job Vacancy For Chief Risk Officer – Current Jobs in Ghana
Our client is a financial services institution with the objective of increasing access to finance for Ghanaian enterprises, particularly small and medium enterprises (SMEs). Our client also provides wholesale financing/lines of credit and partial credit guarantees to eligible financial institutions.
Roles & Responsibilities
• The purpose for the Chief Risk Officer role is to develop enterprise risk management framework and business continuity management framework, and ensure that information security is achieved.
• The CRO is also to coordinate the development, maintenance, review and testing of Infrastructure Disaster Recovery Plans as well as achieve strict compliance with the Companies Code 2019 and Bank of Ghana (BoG) Guidelines.
• The CRO would ensure strict compliance with the Bank’s business control policies and operational guidelines and minimise exposure to potential business risks and impact on it’s performance.
General Risk Management
• Develop, implement and establish the Enterprise Risk Management framework for the Bank and provides continuous benchmarking of ERM maturity.
• Set the strategic risk (credit risk, market risks, operational risks) management vision and is charged with delivering that strategy to the Bank using exceptional leadership skills, network of internal and external alliances and highly developed business skills.
• Lead the development of comprehensive fit for purpose risk policies in line with the Bank’s risk strategy and BoG requirements, ensuring policies and procedures are embedded and regularly used in business decision making
• Provide proactive enterprise-wide risk management support to the Board of Directors with emphasis on risk reporting, providing risk management advice and coordinating the activities of the Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee.
• Provide leadership, innovation, governance, and management necessary to identify, evaluate, mitigate, and monitor the Bank’s operational and strategic risk.
• Develop and implement a robust business continuity programme for the Bank including cyber resilience and compliance with ISO 27001 and ISO 22301.
• Lead the education, communication and training efforts of Executive Directors and Senior Managers across the Bank on risk management and ensures management and staff are apprised of new and amended industry, national and international legislation, regulation and guidelines.
• Regularly evaluate all education/ development activities, the impact of the education strategy and acts on the results.
• Act as the Risk ambassador for the Bank, promoting a risk management culture throughout the Bank based on an understanding of risks related to the activities of the Bank.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of 10 years’ post-graduation experience in Risk Management, Information Security and Business Continuity Planning within the Financial Services or related sector, with at least 8 years’ experience in Senior Management
• A degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Risk Management, Business Management or any other relevant discipline from a reputable institution.
• Possess professional certification related to information security, such as CISM, CISSP, or GSLC, Financial Risk Management or similar certification preferred. BCM certification preferred (CBCP, MBCP, MBC etc.)
• Experience in Financial Services sector within Africa is an advantage
• Evidence of strong industry/sector participation
• Evidence of excellent leadership, goal achievement, stakeholder engagement, professionalism, networking, and collaborative skills.
• Provide leadership of the Risk and Compliance function.
• Motivate and energise the staff to make proactive decisions in all their communications with the Bank, regulators and other stakeholders
• Support existing team members with the training to ensure continuous development.
• Manage unacceptable performance and inappropriate behaviours that do not align with the Bank’s values and takes corrective actions.
How To Apply For The Job
To apply, interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter to:
The role being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Closing Date: 06 November, 2020