Job Vacancy For Chief Operating Officer – Current Jobs in Ghana
Our client is a financial services institution with the objective of increasing access to finance for Ghanaian enterprises, particularly small and medium enterprises (SMEs). Our client also provides wholesale financing/lines of credit and partial credit guarantees to eligible financial institutions.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Operating Officer is to oversee the design, implementation and reporting on the Bank’s business operating model for optimal efficiency and customer experience. The COO would work as a key member of the Bank’s leadership team. S/he would take a leadership role in building, implementing, and overseeing all of the Bank’s systems, processes, workflows, and procedures and ensure continuous improvement.
Strategy Formulation and Implementation
• Oversee the development and implementation of overall operational strategy in line with corporate strategy to enable the Bank to achieve its objectives in the best interest of shareholders, customers, employees, and the public
• Work with the CEO/Senior Management to develop annual budget and forecast business requirements in support of the Bank’s long-term strategy and monitor implementation to ensure enhanced and continuous operational performance of the Bank.
• Build strong relationships with key external stakeholders, Government, suppliers, etc. to facilitate operational efficiency and customer service excellence.
• Lead the development, roll out and maintenance of effective and efficient standard operating model for the operations functions.
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Bank such as Information Systems Management and Administration.
• Monitor key aspects of Bank’s Operations working in close collaboration with key units across the Bank
• Ensure operational excellence, efficiency and effectiveness of the Bank’s business areas, adjusting processes where necessary.
• Oversee change management implementation and sustainability.
• Lead an Operations function that achieves and maintains optimal effectiveness and efficiency and operational excellence in the short and long term.
• Review effectiveness of processes and systems in use in general for the Bank and recommend improvement to enhance efficiency and stakeholder value
• Coordinate the efforts of the different operational areas under his/her management to ensure minimal duplication of efforts, maximum efficiency and to maximise value for money.
• Review performance against the KPIs as agreed with the Executive, discuss gaps and agree on action plans to close gaps.
• Responsible for the efficient functioning of key business units of the Bank and be accountable for improvement in how these areas perform.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of 15 years’ experience in the Development Finance or Financial Services sector, with at least 10 years’ experience in Executive Management
• A degree in Economics, Finance, Business (e.g. MBA), Accounting, Law, or Engineering
• Relevant professional certifications & membership professional associations in Ghana or abroad will be an added advantage
• Experience in Development Finance or Banking sector within Africa is an advantage
• Evidence of strong industry/sector participation
• Exposure in managing financial services or development finance institutions with proven compliance with regulatory requirements
• Demonstrated experience overseeing human resources, information technology, operations and facilities
• Evidence of excellent leadership, goal achievement, stakeholder engagement, professionalism, networking, and collaborative skills.
• Oversee the development of risk mitigation plan for the Bank.
• Work closely with Credit, Legal, Compliance and Risk Teams to guide complex policy/risk problems and actively provide input on policy gaps and changes needed.
• Manage departmental budgets, including the signing of invoices within mandate and escalation of out of budget items to CEO for approval.
Administration and Procurement
• Ensure review of operational policies to assure alignment with the board’s strategic objectives, quality standards and Bank of Ghana requirements.
• Oversee compliance to administrative and procurement plans and procedures.
Leadership and People Management
• Nurture a culture that promotes ethical practices and encourages integrity.
• Set and manage strategic objectives for his/her team, build capacity, motivate and reward the teams for high and meritorious performance.
How To Apply For The Job
To apply, interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter to:
The role being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Closing Date: 06 November, 2020