Job Vacancy For Chief Finance Officer, Mobile Money Limited (MML)
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job:
• Leadership and accountability for the Finance deliverables of the MML organization. This includes leading financial planning, forecasting, cost-benefit analysis, overall capital structure, funding and finance related regulatory matters with the intent to optimise financial performance against MML goals. Additionally, ensure the financial growth, profitability and viability of the MML organisation through building confidence in the investor community, driving organic & inorganic growth, appropriate administration of the business, effective working capital management, and proactively managing the financial performance of the company.
• A dynamic and evolving Fintech/Financial Services landscape
• Multi regulated and high governance environment
• Multifaceted partnerships, business models and related stakeholder management
• Convergence and exploration of non-traditional revenue streams requiring complex interpretation and structuring
• Agile ways of working and high learning agility
• Environmental, social and governance prioritized
• Listed company and subsidiary business requirements
Global Talent Standards Requirements
• 25% Head – Formulate divisional/departmental strategies, understand complex business challenges, provide effective solutions through effective influencing, and create an environment for commercial and enterprise innovation.
• 35% Heart – Be self-aware, drive ethical practices by holding others accountable for living the Vital behaviours & Values, collaborate across teams and build networks & relationships with all stakeholders.
• 30% Hand – Produce sustainable results through ethical practices, plan, organize and set controls for execution of strategies.
• 5% – Minimum of 10 years’ experience in area of specialisation in a medium to large organization; with 5 years Senior Management track record.
• 5% – Minimum of a Post graduate qualification. (Business focused area an advantage)
• Foundational Skills Proficiency Levels for the role – This is assessed via actual exposure to the skill level
Strategic Planning & Thinking
• Offer unique insights based on a deep understanding of political, social, business, market, and finance trends; ability to use insights to lead and influence change at strategic, tactical, team and individual levels across the organization.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics
• Chartered Accountant with articles/Chartered Accountant / CPA or equivalent
• Strong IFRS knowledge and skills essential
• Post Graduate Degree (Finance or General Management preferable)
• Minimum of 10 years relevant experience with at least 5 years in a senior management role or in a similar position
• Foundational skills related to the role
• Experience in Fintech, banking or Financial Services will be an advantage
• Successful track record as a senior management professional in delivering exceptional business growth & financial results
• Proficient in driving company’s financial performance, business growth and platform monetization
• Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise with a good understanding of emerging markets.·
• Financial Planning and Forecasting
• Financial Modelling, Analytics and Reporting
• Corporate Performance Management
• International Accounting Standards and Procedures
• Reserve Bank and local banking industry
• Local & international Tax laws
• IFRS and GAAP
• Capital Structure and Liquidity Management
• Credit Management
• Working Capital Management
• Treasury Policy
• Financial Controls & Risk Management
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by to:
Closing Date: 25 May, 2022