Job Vacancy For Chief Executive Officer – Current Jobs in Ghana
Our client is a financial services institution with the objective of increasing access to finance for Ghanaian enterprises, particularly small and medium enterprises (SMEs). Our client also provides wholesale financing/lines of credit and partial credit guarantees to eligible financial institutions.
Roles & Responsibilities
• The role of the Chief Executive Officer is to lead the development of a sound business strategy and operations plan for the Board’s approval.
• The CEO would provide effective management of staff to implement the Board-approved Business Plan and to meet its objectives and targets.
• The successful candidate would ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and foster a work environment that promotes professionalism.
• The CEO is also to maintain effective relations with key stakeholders and ensure financial viability the Bank.
Strategy Formulation and Implementation
• Lead the development and execution of the Bank’s business plans in order to attain the goals of Board-approved strategies
• Establish strategic business direction and communicates it effectively to the Board and the executive management team for implementation
• Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement of set goals through cost-effective operations and market development activities
• Oversee development and/or compliance with policies that promote Bank’s mandate, vision, strategy, culture, and mission and effectively communicate same to all employees
• Develop and direct the implementation of the Bank’s strategic investment plans and programmes
• Champion the development and implementation of strategies to enable the bank to play a strong and recognizable role in supporting Ghana’s economic transformation while remaining financially viable at all times
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of 18 years’ experience in the Development Finance or Financial Services sector, with at least 12 years’ experience in an Executive Management role
• A degree in Economics, Finance, Business (e.g. MBA), Accounting, Law, or Engineering
• Relevant professional certifications & membership professional associations in Ghana or abroad will be an added advantage
• Experience in Development Finance or Banking sector within Africa is an advantage
• Evidence of strong industry/sector participation, leadership and goal achievement
• Exposure in managing financial services or development finance institutions with proven compliance with regulatory requirements
Board / Stakeholder Engagement
• Execute the instructions of the Board and ensure that Board decisions are properly communicated to the executive management, staff and all stakeholders
• Report the financial and administrative status of the bank to the Board at agreed periods and in line with leading Corporate Governance practices
• Support the Board to identify trends that provide the basis for vision and future services
• Work effectively with the Board to aid its governance functions and facilitate optimum performance by the Board, its Committees and individual Board members
• Ensure a deep institutional understanding of the Ghanaian economy, its growth and employment potential through rigorous research.
• Develop and maintain strong and positive relationships with the banking community, stakeholders and regulators
• Assure the reporting of financial and strategic plan progress to the Board and other key stakeholders
• Provide general oversight for operations, and ensure a smooth functioning and efficient organisation
• Ensure the implementation of strong service standards, excellent customer service and the correction of any negative perception of services
• Ensure cohesion within the Bank, especially by maintaining a good social climate and a conducive working atmosphere (free of discrimination or harassment)
• Enhance and implement process improvement initiatives in order to maximise overall efficiency and productivity
• Institute an operating framework and action plans with defined objectives, targets and responsibility to support the achievement of Bank’s strategies
• Direct the development and adoption of procedures and control to ensure business risks are always monitored adequately mitigated
• Promote communication and adequate information flow to ensure effective management control of the Bank
• Ensure that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with legal and professional standards and laws governing business operations
• Lead the identification of new business opportunities in order to diversify the bank’s sources of revenue
• Lead the identification of new investors or in raising long-term finance in Ghana and abroad
• Recommend yearly budget for Board approval and ensures the prudent management of resources within these budget guidelines
• Oversee Bank’s financial performance, investments and other business ventures
• Ensure financial viability and transparency, disclosure, and auditing
• Ensure that competent people are in critical roles in the Bank, and establishes a process for continuous people development to ensure adequate supply of the right talents to meet operational requirements
• Develop and implements appropriate rewards/recognition and coaching/corrective practices to align personnel with organisational goals
• Provide for adequate management successions by liaising and mentoring business executives within each divisions and departments.
How To Apply For The Job
To apply, interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter to:
The role being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Closing Date: 06 November, 2020