Job Vacancy For Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer – Current Jobs in Ghana
• The successful candidate for this role will lead our Ethics and Compliance team as the Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer (CECO).
• (S)He will be a business partner and advisor to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the Regional Compliance Officer on all matters of compliance.
• The will CECO lead the key operational business initiatives from a compliance perspective.
• (S)He will also be responsible for the deployment of an effective compliance program and operational management of the compliance framework while aligning the Global compliance strategy with the local operation and the geographic region.
• Operational responsibility for planning and execution of local activities in the area of Ethics and compliance;
• Lead operational business initiatives/projects from a compliance perspective at the direction of the Global Director of Compliance or Regional Compliance Officer;
• Provide advice and guidance to local management on how to avoid or manage situations of risk, especially for third party interactions (suppliers, agents, government officials);
• Coordinate and monitor, as necessary, compliance activities of other departments through the Local Compliance Committee and oversee the same for other local Governance, Risk and/or Compliance Committees;
• Responsible for effective monitoring of the performance of the Compliance Program in the local operations, taking appropriate steps to recommend improvements to its effectiveness;
• Report results of the compliance/ethics efforts of the company to the CEO, the Local and Regional Compliance Committees and the Regional Compliance Officer;
• Review the local operations’ planned activities and transactions to ensure that business is being conducted in an ethical and legal manner and that policies and procedures are followed to reduce the risks of non-compliance with laws and regulations;
• Responsible for the effective implementation and execution of the Compliance Due Diligence Process for the screening of suppliers, M&A partners, agents and other third-party representatives as per global guidelines;
• At the direction of the Regional Compliance Officer maintains an effective compliance communication program for the local organization including planning for company-wide compliance training and communication;
• Develop a specific compliance risk register for the local operation in coordination with the Regional Compliance Officer and the CEO.
• Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk across all company activities and develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues;
• Track compliance KPIs on local efficiency and effectiveness of the Corporate Compliance Program;
• Work in a collaborative manner to ensure alignment between the Compliance Function and the business units in the local operation, and internalization of compliance objectives throughout the organization.
Corporate Security & Health Safety and Environment
• Develop and manage comprehensive security architectures, strategies, policies and programs to assess, prioritize, and mitigate all business risks;
• Ensure the development and maintenance of environmental and sustainable policy and processes, the development of initiatives already underway in line with the company and group strategic objectives and priorities;
• Appoint and manage the local health and safety team and resources;
• Extensively promote health and safety culture within the local operation.
• Ensure the implementation of the Anti-Fraud strategy in the local operation;
• Oversee fraud management and gap analysis;
• See to both fraud and non-fraud compliance investigations.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A University degree in any field but with emphasis on Law, Business Studies, Marketing or related areas; An MBA is a plus;
• Professional certifications such as CCEP, CRCMP or CRCP required
• A minimum of Ten (10+) years of proven experience of compliance in an international company with a local presence in emerging markets;
• Substantial experience gained in a corporate and professional environment with a demonstrable track record of leading local and regional compliance projects and successfully advising on anti-bribery and corruption issues and related matters at the senior levels;
• AML knowledge – a plus;
• Proven track record of implementing a global compliance framework in local operations and maintaining a pragmatic and commercially minded compliance program in emerging markets;
• Up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging legislation, standards and regulations as well as compliance monitoring techniques, including the UK Bribery Act, US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, AML regulations and other international and local laws;
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities – thinking strategically, influencing skills, functional and business management;
• Good project management background;
• Risk Management Methodology;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Demonstrated success and on-the-ground experience as a senior Compliance Professional with close working experience with the Senior Management teams;
• Proven experience of reviewing and assessing an international compliance framework;
• Experience of leading teams of external and internal experts and specialists, managers and others either as a line manager;
• Ability to articulate and implement understandable, layperson-friendly recommendations for the development and enhancement of the compliance function and framework;
• Demonstrable knowledge of operational, financial, quality assurance, human resources, legal and statutory procedures and regulations;
• Ability to develop relationships at all levels to provide confidence in the quality and effectiveness of services provided by the compliance team and to ensure that relevant advice is sought proactively at all appropriate stages;
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the intuitive ability to work effectively with various personality types;
• Self-motivated, team-oriented, innovative strategic thinker with a passion for driving results, and a strong sense of personal accountability;
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively, and work as a team with various stakeholders.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Applications & Curriculum Vitae to:
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject.
Closing Date: 20 December, 2019
While we appreciate all interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to the volume of applications.
Ready to be part of our dynamic and innovative team? At AirtelTigo, we enhance the value of our employees by providing long-term growth and opportunities in an ever-evolving work environment. Our values are at the core of what we do and represents who we are; Simplicity, Transparency, and Relevance. Initiate your journey to be part of our world-class team and experience a rewarding career.