Job Vacancy For Cardiac Physiologist – Current Jobs in Ghana
Halcome Management Services is looking for dynamic, customer-focused personnel for the Bank Hospital in Accra, Ghana scheduled to open in the second quarter 2021: CARDIAC PHYSIOLOGIST
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To provide a high quality, patient focused, efficient Cardiology Diagnostic service within the department. Assist physicians in diagnosis and treatment of heart, lung, and blood vessel disorders by conducting a range of invasive and non-invasive diagnostic tests of cardiovascular and pulmonary systems; maintaining equipment; recording test results. Assist in cath lab procedures.
• Work in conjunction with the department manager and other staff to ensure the service needs are met.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Preparing and cleaning of procedure rooms before and between cases and after terminal care.
• Supports physicians in diagnosing and treating cardiac and peripheral vascular ailments by means of various diagnostic procedures including but not limited to electro-cardio-grams, treadmill stress tests, blood pressure and hear rate, ultrasound, echocardiographs
• Competent in the use of specialised and complex equipment, such as cardiac ultrasound scanners and intra-aortic balloon pumps
• Selection and adjustment of pacemaker suitable pacemaker for a surgeon to insert in a patient
• Monitor patients’ progress. Undertake regular check ups on patients a pacemaker and/ or ICD Responsible for the long term monitoring of patients with heart valve disease or replacement valves.
• To communicate as appropriate, with patients, staff and other concerned parties, to ensure best quality service delivery in terms of patient satisfaction, efficiency and effectiveness.
• Set up and maintenance of equipment by ensuring that computers and cardiovascular systems and equipment are operating properly
• Responds to equipment breakdowns; troubleshoots problems
• Calibration of equipment
• Analysis and interpretation of data and supplying physiological reports to the cardiologist or surgeon to assist with treatment decisions.
• Records and reports on information from tests and findings to cardiologists and other members of the team to assist with diagnosis and treatment of cardiac disease.
• Documents patient services by completing patient records, forms, reports, logs, and other records
• Registers patients by entering anticipated service date into the patient record; verifying medical history
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in healthcare science or science or other relevant qualification
• At least 1 year experience in a hospital environment
• Excellent analytical skills
• Competency to carry out diagnostic and other proceures
• Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a calm, confident and caring manner
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 20 May, 2021