Job Vacancy For Billing Officer
• The post holder is responsible for providing support to the accounting function;ensuring that all services/ clients are appropriately billed in accordance with hospital’s procedures, to maximize the hospital’s revenues.
• Daily checking of billing sheets, specialist books, claims forms and correct any discrepancies.
• Maintaining accurate billing records of the clients.
• Collect all the information necessary to prepare bills for all clients.
• Ensure proper filling of issued invoices and all relevant documents both in soft and hard for easy retrieval and audit reference purposes.
• To ensure all bills requiring clarifications by clients are attended to promptly.
• Deal effectively and resolve incoming queries on billings from patients, corporate clients and consultants.
• Preparing credit companies’ bills and invoices for services rendered.
• Weekly consolidation and dispatching of credit companies’ invoices
• Detect errors in billing processes and make appropriate corrections
• Generate monthly invoices and account statement or all credit companies.Prepare pro-forma invoices for credit companies that request Annual Medical Exams, Pre-employment packages
• Ensure that companies undergoing medical exams provide us with their staffs list and date of birth before registration and billing is done.
• Work with IT department to ensure credit company packages for Annual Medical exams are set up in HMS before the medicals.
• Billing of all inpatients (IP)clients on admissionfor services rendered.
• Checking all inpatient bills before discharging.
• Billing and checking of all Maternity & theatre cases done.
• Making a Deposit for all Cash Clients on admission.
• Monitor on daily basis the bills of inpatients and request additional payments as may be required
• Communicate all inpatients cash clients bills to them for payment and ensure all cash inpatients settle all their bills before leaving the premise.
• Perform any other assignment assigned by the financial controller or his assigns
• Registration and billing of Insurance Clients which includes inspection and entry of card details
• Ensuring compliance with RX billing processes
• Registration and Billing of Clients on Foreign Insurance. Have sufficient knowledge or access to knowledge to provide correct information with regard to fees, excesses or co-payments on individual policies or individual procedures.
• Photocopy all insurance cards and enter details into the HMIS
• Exercising diligence in verification of clients eligibility to avoid mistakes
• Liaising with other staff (nurses, doctors, radiographers, lab operatives etc.) to ensure all patients are appropriately billed
• Preparation of monthly insurance invoices for clients.
• Regular checking, review and reconciliation of insurance bills to ensure their accuracy.
• Have sufficient knowledge of billing policy and procedures
• Have adequate knowledge of credit company contracts relating to billing
• Have sufficient knowledge to provide correct information such as prices, services etc.
• Answer patient queries with good customer relationship and refer them to appropriate quarters
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in Accounting, IT or relevant professional qualification.
• 2years’ working experience in a similar role will be an advantage
• Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite particularly Word and Excel
• Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
• Ability to use computerized Accounting Package Solutions
• Up-to-date knowledge of current accounting/auditing standards and methodologies
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to deal with people at all levels of the organization
• Ability to prioritise and use initiative
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to handle sensitive company materials and information in a confidential manner
• Ability to work as part of a team
• High standards of personal integrity and adherence to professional and ethical standards
• Strong time management skills.
How To Apply For The Job
Send cvs to:
Closing Date: 14 April, 2022