Job Vacancy For Assistant Library Manager – Current Jobs in Ghana
The Law Reform Commission is an organisation committed to the development and modernization of the laws of Ghana.
Job Title: Assistant Library Manager
• The Assistant Library Manager (ALM) is primarily responsible for providing local, foreign and international reference and research service to the Commission.
• The ALM also assists the Legal Directorate on the development of projects with the acquisition of legal materials.
• Direct users to requested publications; assists users with both print and electronic resources
• Provide instruction and guidance for users of library catalog, legal databases, legal research methodology and procedures
• Response to in-library phone , mail, e-mail and live chat reference questions
• Develop and maintain path finders ,bibliographic resource and research guides
• Collect inputs for the preparation of annual budget for the library
• Catalogue and classify print, audio – visual and electronic resources
• Ensure that the provisions of the library meets the needs of the Commission
• Any other duties that may be assigned by Management
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Library, Information Studies or any relevant field from an accredited tertiary institution
• Must have completed National Service
• Strong I.T. Skills and familiarity with the use of databases and the internet
• Administrative and Communication Skills
• Team Player
• Integrity and Ethics
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants should forward their application, together with their curriculum vitae: copies of relevant Certificates, contact telephone number(s). email address and names and addresses of two(2) referees to:
The Executive Director
Law Reform Commission
P.O. BOX M.63
The Commission’s office at GPS GA-076-532 same building with the Kaneshie Court near Accra City Campus of the University of Ghana.
Closing Date: 15 March, 2021
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview.