Job Vacancy For Analyst, IT Release Management
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job:
• Provide support in confirming service readiness and ensuring new or enhanced services satisfy all readiness criteria and are supplied ready for live deployment by identifying and subsequently defining the required tests, monitoring the test coverage, and evaluating the overall quality experienced when testing the Target Test Items.
• Highly dynamic and competitive telecommunication industry
• Innovation Driven Industry
• Global technology trends and advancements
• Global & MTN Group approved IT Standards and Practices
• Diverse cultural environment
• Regionalization structure implication
• Performance driven environment
Global Talent Standards Requirement :
• 10% Big Picture Focus – Manage the alignment and execution of tactical activities, look to others for guidance and execute innovative commercial practices for continuous improvement.
• 20% Emotionally Intelligent – Be self-aware, role model ethical practices, Vital behaviors & Values, support team capability development through opportunity creation, build relationships with customers & teams and uphold the MTN Brand.
• 50% Results Focused – Coordinate work of others, clarify priorities, drive team objectives and contribute to sustainability of results.
• 10% – Minimum of 3 years’ experience in area of specialisation in a medium to large organization; with experience in supervising others.
• 10% – Minimum of a Degree
Foundational Skills Proficiency Required
Strategic Planning & Thinking
• Aware of the organization’s business plan, immediate environment and the possible impact of events and activities on the organization; understand current role in relation to executing the business plan
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electronic Engineering, or a relevant Engineering or Technical qualification
Certification in the following areas is a plus:
• QA certification (CSQA),
• Testing Engineer certification (CSTE), ITIL
• CMMI certification or equivalent preferred
• At least 3 years work experience covering similar functions in multinational telecommunication or other similar organizations, 2 years of which must have been in telecommunication.
Knowledge / Technical Competencies:
• IT Testing Exposure
• Basic understanding of GSM operations
• Knowledge of telecommunications industry
• Project Management
• Software Development Lifecycle
• Systems Development and Analysis
Skills / physical competencies:
• Self-starter and ability to keep up in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines
• Naturally curious and have a passion to ideate and advance innovation of digital products
• Must be detail-oriented and have good organization skills
• Maturity, professionalism, and good conflict management
• Very good at presenting advanced insights in a simple language for senior leaders
• Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
• Personal Skills – Trustworthy, integrity in dealings
• Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, manages and monitors work effectively
• Organizational Positioning Skills – Good written and verbal communication, presentation Skills, commitment to the
• Global thinker, analytical thinking, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities
Must live the MTN Values of
• Can Do; Integrity; leadership; Innovation; Relationships
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by to:
Closing Date: 25 May, 2022