Job Vacancy For Alternative Care Coordinator – Current Jobs in Ghana
SOS Children’s Villages Ghana is a child welfare organisation that provides a stable Family-Like Care (F’ for children In need. We also provide social services for families at risk through our Family Strengthening Projects. Currently, we operate in four locations: Tema, Asiakwa, Kumasi and Tamale, with the National Offic, in Accra. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and dynamic persons for appointment as:
Job Title: Alternative Care Coordinator (Formerly Village Director)
Qualification Required & Experience
The ideal candidate should hold:
• A first degree in Psychology, Social Work, Sociology or other related fields, with not less than five years’ experience in the field of child care administration, management, supervisory or leadership level in education or teaching, or social work.A second degree, a working knowledge in financial management and budgeting, as well as Project Management experience will be an added advantage
• Age – Not less than 40 years
• Possess proven ability in problem solving, providing group and individual counselling for children and youth. Capable of managing a child care facility according to good standards of child care management and capable of conceiving strategies of integration and harmonisation of pedagogical work among different child care facilities. Good understanding of working with women, children, youth & communities.
• The ideal candidate should have strong leadership and organisational skills, human resource management skills combined with a strong interest in the needs and development of children, good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to do social investigations. Must be sensitive to gender-related issues and modern concepts of child upbringing. Be of good physical and mental health and prepared to work long hours.
• Be computer literate. (Basic skills in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should send their applications (Indicating their reliable phone numbers), Curriculum vitae with photocopies of certificates addressed to:
The HR/Admin Manager
P. 0. Box AN 16657
Or email to
Closing Date: 08 November, 2019