Job Vacancy For Agri-Business and Rural Development Advisor
Frannan International UK, Managers of the Ghana Field Support Services Project (FSSP), seeks to engage the services of 4 individual advisors to provide professional, technical, strategic and advisory consulting services to the Canadian Development Assistance programme in Ghana.
Scope of Work
• The Agri-Businss and Rural Development Advisor will be expected to provide technical services and advice to GAC in the areas of development performance and trend analysis, sector-based opportunity and constraint assessment, policy analysis and dialogue, strategic planning, programme and project feasibility assessment, institutional capacity analysis, programme and project planning, implementation facilitation, monitoring and evaluation, reporting on results achievement and lessons learned. The duration of this consultancy is (1) one year, full time and working up to 220 days a year
Qualification Required & Experience
The Consultant must have the following experience, knowledge and expertise
• A post-graduate degree in Development Studies, Agricultural Economics, Monitoring and Evaluation or related Social Science discipline to undertake this assignment. If the field of studies is not listed above, please provide a clear definition of what was studied and how it relates to the proposed assignment
• At least 6 years of practical experience monitoring complex and sector-wide projects, preferably in agri-business or rural development and with a large range of stakeholders
• A sound understanding of Ghana’s agriculture sector, including decentralised governance structures and systems
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to perform in a team
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their CV and one-page cover letter outlining how they meet the minimum requirements outlined above. Those considered to meet the minimum requirements will be invited to receive the request for Proposals (RFP) for this consultancy.
CVs and cover letters should be submitted by e-mail only to:
Closing Date: 14 May, 2020