Job Vacancy For Aftercase Team Manager – Current Jobs in Ghana
Who We Are
IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
IJM is seeking a talented Team Manager to establish and direct all strategies and activities of IJM Ghana’s Aftercare response to the forced labor trafficking of children on the Volta Lake’s fishing industry. The Team Manager will build and lead a high-quality team in partnership with government and non-government agencies to ensure that victims are rescued and restored and that perpetrators are arrested, charged, and prosecuted under the laws of Ghana. The Team Manager will also lead strategies and activities targeted at reducing the prevalence of forced child labor trafficking through sustainable improvements in the performance of local law enforcement and psycho-social services for victims.
This position is based in Accra (with frequent travel to other parts of Ghana) and reports to the Director of Casework, IJM Ghana.
• Foster a culture of spiritual health and integrity by setting an example of mature, authentic Christian discipleship; and
• Continually lead and encourage the aftercare team and other IJM colleagues to prioritize their own spiritual formation and Christian discipleship as they engage in the work of justice.
Develop National Leaders
• Recruit, train, and lead a highly effective, resilient, and cohesive Aftercare team consisting of IJM aftercare staff, interns, and volunteers;
• Provide leadership that ensures that the IJM Ghana office provides and models a highly effective, multi-disciplinary, and collaborative response to the target abuse;
• Serve as a model of servant leadership for IJM staff; and
• Develop, monitor, and evaluate concrete performance and leadership development objectives for aftercare staff.
Attain Justice System Transformation
• Partner effectively with government and non-government social services agencies to ensure effective rescue and restoration of victims and prosecution of perpetrators;
• Actively participate in national and local coalitions of aftercare stakeholders to continually improve services provided to child victims of forced labor trafficking;
• Contribute to the design and successful implementation of a cooperative plan to transform key pillars of the Ghanaian public justice system so that it provides trauma-informed, accessible, and sustainable protection to child victims of forced labor and trafficking;
• Contribute to the design and implementation of rigorous systems and processes for effective monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of IJM Ghana’s Justice System Transformation activities and programming; and
• Effectively represent and leverage IJM Ghana’s work and experience with key constituents and stakeholders.
Achieve Collaborative Casework Objectives
• Lead and manage IJM-assisted casework interventions to ensure that victims are rescued and restored and that perpetrators are held accountable under law;
• Provide immediate assessments, crisis care, and advocacy for children coming out of forced labor trafficking and ensure all victims receive legally mandated government protections;
• Educate, train, and equip government and non-government partners in the effective aftercare and restoration of victims; and
• Design, implement, monitor, and evaluate strategies and best practices for effective IJM-assisted restoration of victims.
Ensure Effective Management and Stewardship of IJM Resources
• Contribute to the development of the office’s strategic plans and budgets;
• Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, IJM policies, and best practices;
• Develop and implement context-specific strategies and tactics consistent with IJM policies, protocols, and best practices;
• Continually increase the Aftercare Department’s effectiveness, efficiency, and organization by developing, maintaining, and updating all operating protocols, reporting systems, and manuals;
• Maintain detailed client tracking systems and records of all aftercare activities;
• Generate timely, high quality written and verbal communications regarding the aftercare program to the Director of Casework;
• Ensure full compliance with the IJM Global Aftercare Policy and all relevant Minimum Standards of Care; and
• Other duties and tasks as assigned by the Director of Casework.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in Social Work or Psychology from an accredited university;
• A minimum of three years experience in direct practice, program development and implementation, and casework management;
• Minimum of three years experience successfully leading a team of staff, contractors, and volunteers in a multidisciplinary work environment;
• Experience in delivering trauma-focused counseling and related services;
• Experience of successful team building and management;
• Superior judgment and problem solving in a complex environment, specifically in relation to issues of child protection and family welfare;
• Fluency and professionalism in oral and written communication in English;
• Demonstrated commitment to serving the poor and the oppressed; and
• Strong leadership skills.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostle’s Creed;
• Strong service ethic and a passion for IJM’s mission;
• Able to achieve goals in a cross-cultural and multi-disciplinary setting;
• Meticulous attention to detail, disciplined with priorities and self-motivated;
• Effective leader, mentor, and trainer;
• Patient; works well under stress;
• Personable with a sustained positive attitude;
• Diplomatic, discreet and flexible;
• Professional demeanor in written and oral communication; and
• Evident passion to help people suffering injustice and oppression.
How To Apply For The Job
Send Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* to:
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how it is relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into your cover letter or submitted as a separate document. It should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.
Closing Date: 25 September, 2019