Job ad Ghana : Supply Chain Manager – Accra
We are recruiting a Supply Chain Manager.
- Review or update supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Assess appropriate material handling equipment needs and staffing levels to load, unload, move, or store materials.
- Negotiate good prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders.
- Develops appropriate supply chain strategy to maximize customer satisfaction at the lowest possible cost.
- Ensures the timely delivery and supply of products at the lowest possible cost:
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes.
- Monitors and corrects inventory levels at outside warehouses (3PL) and internally to ensure rotation and maximize working capital.
- Document physical supply chain processes, such as workflows, cycle times, position responsibilities, or system flows.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Identify opportunities to reuse or recycle materials to minimize consumption of new materials, minimize waste, or to convert wastes to by-products
- Provide operational support and guidance to ensure maximum productivity.
- Collaborate with other departments to identify vulnerabilities and close operational gaps
- Prepare and submit weekly reports.
- Create supply chain management strategies that increase efficiency and speed.
- Handle communications with external suppliers.
- Focus on safety, cost management and business growth in all interactions and directives
- Handle all importation needs, ordering and timely delivery.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Good Knowledge of country wise sites installations.
- Knowledge of market and vendors
- Knowledge of cost control.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suit and other procurement management software.
- Ability to lead, train and mentor employees on a personal level
Job criteria for job ad : Supply Chain Manager
|Job category :|
|Employment type :|
|Experience level :|
|Educational level :|
|Spoken language :|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|