Job ad Ghana : Spray Operations Data Coordinator
Abt. Associates Inc., a US-based company, is implementing USAID–funded President’s Malaria Initiative VectorLink project. The project is supporting implementation of malaria control strategies such as bednet distribution and indoor residual spraying (IRS). In Ghana, Abt has been implementing IRS in the northern sector since 2011 and is preparing for the 2021 IRS campaign.
Abt Associates is currently seeking qualified individuals to fill a temporary position of a Spray Operations Data Coordinator for 2020 IRS campaign. Successful candidate will be contracted for up to 4 months.
Responsibilities of Spray Operations Data Coordinator
Pre- spray Campaign
- Lead training sessions for temporary workers on mobile technology (mHealth) tools.
- Test mobile phone applications; purchase and activate SIM cards
- Test existing phones and batteries and create a phone inventory
- Update the project mHealth tool handbook in order to prepare the phones for activation and the software platform to manage the data collected through phones-based tools
- Assist with preparing tablets and charges for mobile data collection exercise.
During the campaign
- Send out job aid messages per established schedule
- Troubleshoot any technical issues with the phones, tablets or any other related equipment to ensure smooth daily operation of the gadgets
- Manage inventory of all phones used during spray operations
- Aggregate mHealth data for the final report.
- Minimum of Higher National Diploma in information communication and technology (ICT) or other related field.
- Experience in data management with demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate large-scale data collection.
- Experience with data analysis and interpretation of results will be an advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Good understanding and experience (preferred) of software platforms for mass SMS
- Strong computer skills with good understanding on the use of MS Excel and Access and also understand DHIS2 operations
- Proficiency in English and one or more northern Ghanaian languages will be an advantage.
- Willingness to travel to the IRS implementing districts.
- Previous work experience in IRS will be an added advantage.
Job criteria for job ad : Spray Operations Data Coordinator
|Job category :|
IT, new technologies
R&D, project management
Health, pharmacy, hospitals, medical equipment
|Employment type :|
Ashanti – Brong Ahafo – Central – Eastern – Greater Accra – Northern – Upper East – Upper West – Volta – Western
|Experience level :|
|Educational level :|
|Spoken language :|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|