Job ad Ghana : Serviceman
To provide semi-skilled assistance including daily provision of lubes, fuel, grease, and inspection of heavy mining and auxiliary equipment to maintenance high standard equipment health to effective maintenance engineering of mining/auxiliary equipment.
- Maintains daily/shift service, fuel and lubes records, and provides information and recommendations about the equipment to dispatchers and supervisors.
- Perform daily servicing of heavy mining and auxiliary equipment.
- Be responsible for changing transmission oil and other fluids to maintaining equipment or vehicle standards conditions.
- Greasing of all available required greasing points, bearings and examines joints components.
- Ensure service or lube trucks and its nozzles / wigins are always clean and in good condition.
- Daily inspection and report all defects on the service trucks for repairs and correction.
- Observe and adherence to all fatality risk management (FRM) critical controls.
The above duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Senior High School Certificate or Mechanical technician.
- General understanding of maintenance engineering.
- Minimum of 1 year mechanical and / or electrical maintenance experience, preferably in a mining or industrial environment.
Position is in a very remote location. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit in the cabin of heavy mining equipment tracking over uneven surfaces for extended periods, climb stairs, walk and stand.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the field environment is minimal. Occasional exposure to noise, fumes, high temperature, moving machinery, hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces, extreme weather conditions.
- Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask according to working conditions.
Job criteria for job ad : Serviceman
|Job category :||
Production, maintenance, quality
Mechanical equipment, machines
Metallurgy, steel industry
|Employment type :|
|Experience level :|
|Educational level :|
|Number of Position(s) :||15|