Job ad Ghana : School Nurse
We are looking for an outstanding, well experienced and dynamic School Nurse to join our noble institution to provide primary health care for our school. The basic job function of the school nurse will be to provide health services to strengthen and facilitate the educational process by modifying or removing health-related barriers to learning in the individual students. He/She will be responsible for the provision of optimal level of wellness of students and staff by emphasizing preventive health services which will include amongst others educating students on how to avoid communicable diseases and have proper hygiene to facilitate the students and staff’s optimal physical, mental, emotional and social growth and development. To succeed in this role, he/she must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to communicate with children, their parents or guardians, and teachers.
- Provide basic healthcare to students in case of injury or acute illness
- Develop health plans for students with chronic illnesses and disabilities
- Promote education of students and staff on healthy habits, such as proper nutrition and hygiene
- Ø Detect health problems in early stages through regular screenings
- Keep track of students’ vaccination records
- Update students’ medical history
- Ensure school environment is safe for school children and staff (e.g. prevention of communicable diseases)
- Write referrals for pediatricians and other health specialists
- Ensure compliance to all protocols put in place.
- Diploma in Nursing
- Registered Nurse (RN) license
Demonstrated Knowledge and Abilities:
- Principles and practices underlying professional nursing
- Principles and practices underlying the special field of school health
- Participate cooperatively in a program of school health nursing
- Exercise professional judgment in making decisions
- Communicate appropriately, collaboratively, and effectively with students, parents, administrators, other school personnel, health care providers, and community agencies
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in the student population and its health needs
- Be a self-starter or self-motivated.
- Assess situations and act quickly
- Use a computer and various software applications.
Job criteria for job ad : School Nurse
|Job category :||
Health and social professions
|Employment type :|
Ashanti – Brong Ahafo – Central – Eastern – Greater Accra – Northern – Upper East – Upper West – Volta – Western
|Experience level :|
|Educational level :|
|Spoken language :|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|