Job ad Ghana : Project Manager
Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are forever challenging, pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies.
We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
Join our journey as we connect for a better future. Ready?
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing medium to large scale projects in the Technology environment,including but not limited to IT, Deployment & Networks space. Manage stakeholders including Commercial teams, technical teams, suppliers and vendors to assist the business to complete projects according to plan, scope, schedule, quality and cost. These projects range from, IT projects, Fixed and Mobile network expansion projects, as well as product development projects. He/She works with all stakeholders / sponsors and third parties to deliver the required project
Duties and Responsibilites
- Manage the technical team and 3rd parties (vendors / suppliers) to prepare all project documentation (PFA and PRD documentation). Ensure all information is accurate and realistic.
- Ensure all projects have a detailed project plan and that the scoping of the projects make provision for risk mitigation where needed.
- Review processes and make changes if necessary to ensure optimal delivery of projects. Highlight any short fall in process to Program Manager and Head of department to ensure best practices are employed in projects at all times.
- Assist SCM in preparing RFP and RFQ documentation to be sent to suppliers and external contractors. Assist SCM by supplying necessary documentation to raise PO’s etc.. for project requirements.
- Ensure the technical team (project team) provide the needed specifications and quality standards to 3rd parties contracted. Ensure effective supervision of project so that all standards and quality issues are strictly adhered to.
- Track and manage the project’s budget on an on-going basis ensuring that no costs over runs are experienced. This includes OPEX and CAPEX budgets. Ensure up to date and accurate figures can be presented at all times.
- Identify and manage all dependencies in projects. Ensure all parts of the business are looked at when planning projects and include mitigation plans for dependencies. Manage 3rd parties with dependencies on departments’ projects.
- Ensure all team members (Project team) adhere to health and safety rules and procedures. This includes the internal team as well as 3rd party contractors.
- Manage team (project team) to assist with all new network extensions and designs. All existing infrastructure must also be captured and used as base line for new additions.
- Ensure sufficient information sharing and communication between all parties involved in the projects. (vendors / technical teams and manager / director)
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting, both detailed and high level from a project, network design and financial point of view. Present progress of projects on a weekly / monthly basis to Manager / Director or department.
- Identify current training and exposure needs of team members and ensuring team is adequately trained (vendor staff as well as operational staff)
- University degree in Project Management, engineering or relevant field
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in telecommunications and specialised in either, IT infrastructure, IT applications, IT security, IT operations, IP, 2G/3G networks, power, & fixed access networks
- 3 or more years’ experience in telecommunications project management and/or design
- Have experience in analysing contracts and RFQs
- Excellent I.T.skills. (MS Office, MS Project, Visio, etc.)
- Solid understanding of Telco related technologies and services and the Telco business environment.
- Professional accreditation to any recognised professional bodies, especially Prince2 or PMP for project management
Job criteria for job ad : Project Manager
|Job category :|
|Employment type :|
Ashanti – Brong Ahafo – Central – Eastern – Greater Accra – Northern – Upper East – Upper West – Volta – Western
|Experience level :|
|Educational level :|
|Spoken language :|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|