Job ad Ghana : Production Manager – Dawa
Job Title: Production Manager
Reports To: General Manager
Direct& Indirect Reports: Relationships (Key Internal & External Stakeholders: All Atlantic Quarry Staff
Location: Atlantic Quarry Site, Dawa
Date: March 2021
Purpose of role:
- To ensure the effective coordination of the processes and production,from the quarry pit to the crushed aggregates chippings; that the produced chippings meet the quality standards; and to ensure that the cost of production remains within the established budget.
- Ensure Production planning by ensuring that the Quarry’s production levels are effectively maintained and as per standard requirement.
- Effectively managing all mining activities including but not limiting to pit management, blasting, drilling and materials haulage to crushers.
- Ensure effective crushing of aggregates to meet the established standards, as well as thequality control on the chippings.
- Responsible for the production schedule and production targets.
- Ensure that standard operating procedures (SOP) are available and adhered to
- Ensure implementation and adherence to health and safety procedures
- Conducting Financial Cost Management tasks by estimating and setting production costs and budgets and implementing cost control programs
- Coordinate the uninterrupted replenishment and availability of the needed materials and consumables for productions, and to avoid downtimes due to shortages. These include fuel, blast and drill materials.
- Collaborate effectively with the support services staff on the company for efficiency in your activities. These include Sales,Procurement, Human Resource, Safety and Accounts.
- Liaise with Plant Manager for plant availability and ensure that annual sales and production targets are met.
- Ensure the daily quantification of the produced chipping in accordance with company regulations.
- Send weekly and monthly reports on activities.
- Any other related duties assigned by your superior.
- Degree in Engineering, preferably in mining
- Minimum of 5 years in mining or quarry operations, and a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Must posses a mining/blasting certification.
- Knowledge and experience in mining processes and techniques
- Knowledge and experience in quarry management would be an advantage
- Knowledge of quality systems and standards
- Knowledge of process improvement techniques
- Knowledge of engineering and technology principles and practices
- Customer Centric
- Team Work
- Communication Skills
- Decision Making
- Strategic Perspective
- Result Orientation
Location: Dawa – Aflao road
Closing Date: 12 March, 2021
Job criteria for job ad : Production Manager
|Job category :|
Public buildings and works sector, construction
|Employment type :|
|Experience level :|
|Educational level :|
|Spoken language :|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|