Job ad Ghana : Policy Lead, Digital Government Unit
The technological revolution is the central issue for modern, progressive policymakers. Properly managed it can help build a better and more equal society for everyone. But achieving this vision requires a determined effort to understand the new reality, in order to resolve the new challenges arising from the internet era and accelerate the opportunities it presents.
Our Technology and Public Policy programme exists to help policymakers master the implications of the technology revolution and deliver progressive policy and strategy for the 21st century. This short deck explains more about the overall programme and our team culture.
Technology has revolutionised many areas of our lives; but governments and public services have lagged behind. Properly managed, tech presents the opportunity to provide radically better and more efficient public services to improve people’s lives; and ultimately, renew peoples’ trust and confidence in democracy. To do this we need to reconfigure the role of the state, imagine more responsive and accountable modes of government, and develop new models for designing and delivering its core functions, like protecting communities, and making sure people can reach and fulfil their potential.
The post holder will play a central role in our work to develop politically actionable policy and strategy, and to use this to influence the global policy debate. They will report to the Head of the Digital Government Unit and work closely with other members of the Unit and the wider policy community at the Institute.
The key objectives for the role are:
- Establish distinctive, evidence-based policy positions on the use of technology to transform government administration, public service delivery and democratic engagement
- Deliver a range of policy products that shape the policy debate around the world
- Promote our policy work with clear, effective and innovative communication
- Convene key players in tech and government to help drive real-world change
The post holder will:
- Be responsible for scoping and structuring programmes of work
- Be responsible for developing and delivering a range of policy products
- Build productive relationships with their stakeholders in tech and policy
- Speak about their work at public events and in the media
- Line manage senior policy analysts and / or policy analysts if required
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years’ experience in public policy, consulting or relevant profession
- Proven ability to structure and solve complex policy problems
- A clear and confident communicator, both written and spoken
The following is also desirable:
- Experience designing /delivering first-class user-centred digital services
- Experience in public services strategy or delivery (particularly education, law and order, welfare)
- A track record of leading high-impact policy project
Job criteria for job ad : Policy Lead, Digital Government Unit
|Job category :|
|Employment type :|
Ashanti – Brong Ahafo – Central – Eastern – Greater Accra – Northern – Upper East – Upper West – Volta – Western
|Experience level :|
|Educational level :|
|Spoken language :|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|