Job ad Ghana : Physiotherapy Assistant – Adenta, Accra
The Physiotherapy Assistant will administer physical therapy programs to the members and attendants. The aim of these programs will be to maintain or improve conditioning, restore function and prevent disability where necessary, as well as alleviate pain.
- Assist the physical therapist/physiotherapist or other licensed professional in evaluations of the level of functioning of the client and the development of adequate management programs
- Assists the clients in developing self-management routines as required, needed or requested
- Prepares progress notes on management program and client improvement as required
- Administers the plan of management as designed by the physical therapist/physiotherapist
- Advises the client on management program, general conditioning and maintaining health
- Observes, records, and reports any changes in the patient’s condition or ability to execute management programme.
- Educates the client in the use of Center equipment and execution of management programs.
- Ensures that all Center machines and equipment are managed, running and operating well, and recording, logging and following up any repair or maintenance requirements.
- Participates in wellbeing events and duties for clients as the service grows
- Participates in case conferences and in-services.
- Undertakes administration duties as required
- Communicates effectively with all providing care.
- Ensures quality care
- Responsible for the wellbeing of clients who attend the Center
- Serves as a point of professional contact for clients accessing the Center on a daily basis
- To carry out Health and Safety checks on machines, equipment and site on a daily basis
- To assist the Center Coordinator in handling complaints
- To report and log any incidents and or accidents and follow-up on actions to resolve these.
The successful applicant must have:
- At least 2 years post qualification experience as a physiotherapy assistant, with at least 1 year spent working with the elderly (over 60 years).
- Experience may be either paid or unpaid
- Certificate as a Physiotherapy Assistant from a recognized Institution
- Registration with the Allied Health Professions Council
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients who visit the Center
- Ability to work with other team and or staff members as required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and data protection requirements and principles
- Ability to organize and complete work in a timely manner
- Ability to meet the physical challenges of the role, including bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, lifting, standing
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the role
- Able to do other work within the Center as may be required
- Ability to relate to especially and work harmoniously with elderly clients
- Ability to respond to emergencies in a calm controlled manner
- Integrity, flexibility, enthusiasm, motivation, commitment and courtesy
THE VACANCY WILL BE CLOSED WHEN ENOUGH APPLICATIONS ARE RECEIVED
Job criteria for job ad : Physiotherapy Assistant
|Job category :||
Health and social professions
Health, pharmacy, hospitals, medical equipment
|Employment type :|
|City :||Adenta, Accra|
|Experience level :|
|Educational level :|
|Spoken language :|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|