Job ad Ghana : Mortuary Technician
Halcom Management Services are looking for dynamic, customer-focussed personnel for a new state of the art hospital facility in Accra, Ghana scheduled to open in the second quarter 2021.
Facilities and services provided include emergency unit, surgical, medical, paediatric and maternity wards, cath lab, urology, renal, ophthalmology, theatres, radiology, pathology, physiotherapy, pharmacy and diet therapy.
Job Title: Mortuary Technician
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To receive and release bodies from the mortuary, , and to deal with relatives of the deceased in a sympathetic manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- To ensure that the mortuary and its equipment is maintained to the highest possible standards of cleanliness, safety and efficiency.
- To ensure that the acceptance and release of bodies into the mortuary is carried out and that all bodies are stored in proper conditions. To liaise with the portering staff who fulfil this role out of hours.
- Recordkeeping and interdepartmental liaison
- Liaison with Funeral Parlour representatives
- To prepare bodies for embalming.
- Customer liaison and facilitation. To escort relatives and deal with them in a sympathetic manner. To adhere to customer service protocols and adopt a professional approach to customer care at all times.
- To comply with the Health and Safety regulations of the department.
- To maintain adequate supplies of consumables.
- To assist in the investigation of incidents on behalf of the department, liaising with wards and departments and escalating to the Nursing manager where appropriate.
- To ensure compliance and maintenance of the document control system for the Mortuary
- To ensure prompt response to enquiries and any follow up, including incidents, investigations and complaints.
- To participate in the induction of newly appointed nursing staff by explaining procedure in the event of a death.
- WASSCE/SSCE or equivalent
- Diploma in Anatomical Pathology or equivalent
- Membership of professional body
- At least 2 years’ experience in a mortuary and embalming. Private hospital experience is an advantage
- Ability to communicate efficiently verbally and in writing in English to members of the team and outside agencies
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to handle bodies and transfer from trolleys to post-mortem tables and into the refrigerated store.
- Ability to work accurately, neatly and efficiently
- Flexible approach to actual hours of work
- Ability to plan and organise workload
Job criteria for job ad : Mortuary Technician
|Job category :|
Health and social professions
Health, pharmacy, hospitals, medical equipment
Temporary work, recruitment
|Employment type :|
Ashanti – Brong Ahafo – Central – Eastern – Greater Accra – Northern – Upper East – Upper West – Volta – Western
|Experience level :|
|Educational level :|
|Spoken language :|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|