Job ad Ghana : Merchandiser – Jumia (Full Time)
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platform consists of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
Main responsibilities :
The Merchandizer is responsible for the conversion rate of the Jumia’s website.
Taking the lead of the product placement, the merchandizer owns the optimisation of the sorting and the boosting of Jumia’s products. The merchandizer ensures the perfect execution of the commercial planning, managing the quality of the content of the promoted products as well as the whole commercial relevancy of the displayed offers.
The merchandizer will be responsible for delivering a world-class customer experience thanks to the right assortment, a perfect online ergonomics, the best prices and the most innovative marketing campaigns.
- Owning the merchandising of our website, optimizing the placement of our products to deliver on every levels of Jumia’s strategy.
- Executing perfectly the commercial campaigns to ensure an engaging, coherent and addictive value proposition for our customers
- Ensuring the competitiveness of Jumia’s pricing by all means
- Rigorously quality checking the content, pricing, placement, categorization of all products to maximize the conversion rate
- Animating on a daily basis Jumia’s commercial offer and performance by updating and optimizing product placement across dedicated pages
- Managing price manual price changes
- Building smart reports to evaluate the impact of the merchandizing efforts
- Working seamlessly with all departments (Commercial, Marketing, Onsite, Operations…), enabling decision making, problem solving and ensuring laser focus execution.
- Leading massive and complex commercial operations and project management initiatives, coordinating effectively cross functions initiatives.
- Constantly working toward improving and simplifying our tools, process Constantly working toward improving and simplifying our tools, process.
We offer :
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth given the challenges that we propose you to take
- Extremely rigorous, Detail oriented, strong analytical skills, well organized, resistant to stress, passionate, creative and able to work efficiently
- Capacity to proof-read, double check, triple check the work.
- Fast learner
- Very independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations
- Strong inter-personal skills
- A significant experience in management consulting, retail or e-commerce would be appreciated
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel (VBA would be a plus)
- Ability to analyse large data sets to make strategic decisions
Job criteria for job ad : Merchandiser – Jumia (Full Time)
|Job category :|
Distribution, selling, wholesale
|Employment type :|
Ashanti – Brong Ahafo – Central – Eastern – Greater Accra – Northern – Upper East – Upper West – Volta – Western
|Experience level :|
|Educational level :|
|Spoken language :|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|