Job ad Ghana : Management Trainee – Front Office (English)
We are recruiting a Management Trainee – Front Office (English).
- Check in the arriving guest and check out the departing guests in a friendly and caring manner according to the Kempinski quality standards.
- Upon check in, register guest and assign rooms. Accommodate special requests whenever possible. If needed, assist guests in completing the registration cards. Use suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel. Verify the guest’s method of payment and follow established credit-checking procedures.
- Upon departure of guests, process the guest check out procedures. Inquire for last minute charges. Receive payment from guests. Settle the guest account and give copy of the invoice.
- Handle all front office cashiers’ transactions such as posting charges to guests and exchanging foreign currency according to the procedures. At the end of shift, balance their cash float. Answer all guest requests and questions in a friendly and caring manner, whether by telephone, email or in person, provide/receive information and take appropriate actions or if needed refer the matters to the relevant persons to handle. It may be handling messages, dealing with complaints, making a reservation for a tour, a restaurant or transportation, providing directions, confirming flights etc.
- Answer all incoming calls, connect them to the appropriate extension in an efficient, friendly and caring manner according to the Kempinski standards.
- Write down messages accurately for our guests and deliver messages in a timely manner. Handle personal wakeup call requests for guests according to our standards and automatic wakeup call requests for group and crew guests.
- Maintain a record of all complaints and requests, follow up and inform concerned operating departments.
- Perform special projects and related duties as assigned.
- Coordinate room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying them of late check-outs, early check-ins and special requests.
- Keep yourself informed of product and service knowledge as well as the hotel daily and meeting activities.
- Possess a working knowledge of the room reservation procedures and takes reservations and cancellations if required.
- • Maintain the neatness of his/her working area and replenishes counters with brochures for guests availability.
- Upon request, stores guest luggage in the luggage storage room. Handles all luggage with care. • Sell stamps for postcards and letters, send faxes and makes copies etc. for guests.
- Stay updated of all information concerning the hotel services and activities, local places of interest, restaurants, transportation, sport facilities, churches, shopping areas and all relevant information likely to be of guest’s interest in order to be able to answer guest requests and questions.
- Manage rooms’ inventory to achieve optimum results in Occupancy, Average rate and Revenue, reviewing daily reservations accuracy, rates compliance from segment and source.
- Keep records, deliver and distribute all incoming and outgoing mails, faxes, messages and parcel addressed to current or future guests and hotel employees according to hotel procedures.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel
- The incumbent in this position is responsible for checking-in and checking-out Hotel guests in a friendly and caring manner according to the Kempinski procedures and quality standards.
Job criteria for job ad : Management Trainee – Front Office (English)
Tourism, hotel business and catering
Hotel business, catering
|Number of Position(s)||:||1|